12 - Super-Soldier

"Dialogue"

{Scroll}

[Lie Ren]

"Nora!" Jaune called out, stepping on the disintegrating carcass. "What is best in life?"

"To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women!" Nora replied, raising Magnhild over her head.

"That's good!"

"It's almost like they rehearsed that." Pyrrha commented with a smile.

"I'm afraid they might have actually rehearsed." I added in a dry tone.

When Jaune said we were going to do a team activity, I thought we were going to fight in one of Beacon's arenas.

"Nice, I got 100 points." Jaune commented.

"100 of what?" Nora asked.

"I'll explain later." Jaune said, trying to change the subject. "I assume you want your chocolate now?"

Maybe go to the gym to work out together.

"YESSS!"

But no, that would be too easy. Our 'fearless leader' dragged us into a hunt.

To be honest, Jaune framed it as a group proposal, but Pyrrha immediately voted in favor without thinking twice.

I thought I could convince Nora to vote against this idea.

But the chance to smash a Death Stalker and getting a giant chocolate bar that Jaune promised if the enemy was destroyed was enough for Nora to force me, I mean, persuade me to come along.

"How did you know where the Death Stalker was?" The Invincible Girl asked.

"Port told me." It was a plausible excuse, since the professor had placed a Grimm in the classroom on the first day.

Now that the creature was almost entirely disintegrated, and we were catching our breath, I could review the fight in my Head

Jaune fought the creature head-on with a shield in his left hand and his knife in his right. Despite his formidable knife, it seemed strange that he wasn't using that fire sword.

I remember him complaining that it was too heavy; maybe he still isn't strong enough for it.

Pyrrha stood by his side, covering any openings Jaune left and taking advantage when the creature retracted its tail after an attack to try to pierce it. While the front line drew the monster's attention, Nora bombarded its side from a distance with Magnhild in the form of a grenade lance.

In the end, I had been given the 'simple' mission to get close to the Grimm and cut off its stinger.

Jaune's plan was simple but effective: with his shield, he provided cover for Pyrrha, and Nora's bombardment from the side opened the creature's guard. This allowed me to get close and make the first cut on the tail.

And as soon as the Grimm noticed my presence, I was thrown far away. Pyrrha finished cutting the stinger with her shield, causing it to fall on the Death Stalker's head. Nora, thanks to Pyrrha and Jaune, catapulted herself into the air and hammered the scorpion Grimm's skull.

The ending wasn't as straightforward, but the initial plan had been followed, and Jaune adapted in the end.

"He's a good leader," I accidentally muttered aloud.

"I knew you'd end up liking the fearless leader."

Luckily, only Nora was by my side to hear that comment, as Pyrrha was once again on top of Jaune, trying to convince him to buy new cloths.