18 - Sins of the past

<Avip: If you like my story, please give a vote, that helps a lot.

Here on Wattpad, this story isn't getting many views, so please let me know if you have any ideas in the comments to help with that.

If it's because of the bad English, I'm looking for a beta reader. Send me a message if you'd like to help me with this story.>

"Dialogue"

{Scroll}

[Yang Xiao Long]

Green eyes open, staring at the infirmary ceiling. Despite being confused, she tries to get up, but a throbbing pain in her head forces her to lie down again.

"Hold on, Pyrrha." I say to the bedridden girl. "The nurse said you shouldn't move too much."

She tries to move again, but the muscle pains made her effort in vain.

The Mistral champion looks to her right and gives me a lost stare.

Slowly, she attempts to get up for the third time, but everything spins around her, and she lies back down on the bed.

"Stay down Nikos. You're not in danger, but you still need to rest after that hit." I saidsay, trying to give her a friendly smile.

"What do you want?" Asks the redhead in an irritated tone.

Ish! The girl is still sour.

But it's not surprising, after all, she wasn't in a good mood when I interrupted her training, and after I knocked her out, I'm the first person she sees when waking up.

I guess it wasn't a good idea to ask Nora to leave us alone.

"I think I'll start by... apologizing."

"Huh?" Said Pyrrha, confused.

"It was wrong of me to tease you like that. I know you have a thing for your leader, and it wasn't cool of me to tease you." I say to her as I sat next to her on the bed. "And when we made the bet, I really wanted some answers, so I fought like Jaune."

"Like Jaune?" She repeats , parroting myself.

"Yeah... being smart and making your opponent make mistakes and taking advantage of them." I sigh, looking down before continuing. "But I guess it's not a good idea to play dirty with someone I want help from, right?" I chuckle awkwardly, realizing I should have thought better when I fought her in the gym.

Smiling serenely, the champion looked at the ceiling, processing what I said.

"From the start, I knew he was intelligent and that it was only a matter of time before he had a victory."

"He's quite a guy, huh?" I comment, relieved now that she calmed down thinking about her crush.

"Yes." Replies the redhead, closing her eyes.

A comfortable silence settled in the room as Pyrrha took deep breaths and tried to settle into her bed.

"Can we have our conversation now?" I ask, getting up from the bed and sitting back in the armchair beside it.

Nikos sighed wearily but she nodded to me.

"So..." I started without exactly knowing what to ask. "What do you think of Arc?

In response, the Mistral champion widened her eyes and regards me suspiciously.

"I think that's a bit broad for a question." The redhead replies questioning me. "What exactly do you want to know?"