05 - Balls of Steel

"Dialogue"

{Scroll}

Just dropping by to let you know that today's chapter will have many dialogues about how the protagonist's Semblance works.

[Glynda Goodwitch]

"You're late!" I shouted, standing in the middle of the combat arena.

"Hello Teacher. Today I Got Lost On The Road Of Life." replied the young Arc, scratching his head.

That just soured my mood even more. Not only is he late, but he's making jokes too?

"If it weren't for your value to Headmaster Ozpin, you would be severely punished for wasting my time and disregarding the opportunity to have a private lesson with a member of Beacon's faculty."

Jaune tensed up and looked at me with a serious expression.

"My sincere apologies." His tone was heavy, making him seem genuinely sorry. "The truth is, I was dealing with some internal matters with my partner."

"Miss Nikos?"

"Yes, that's right."

"Interesting." With all this attitude, it must be something related to the future. "She's important for the future, then?"

"Yes, as a candidate to be the Fall Maiden."

I couldn't contain myself and broke my serious demeanor with the news. I brought my left hand to my forehead and began massaging the newly formed headache.

"But she's only a first-year."

"And Ozpin already considered her a candidate even before initiation."

More secrets... of course, this doesn't compare to what Jaune had already revealed, but he still knows more about Beacon's headmaster than his own second-in-command.

"He needs to share more with you," Jaune commented.

Jaune looked at me with pity, not for my ignorance, but as if he pitied the disregard with which the headmaster treated me.

"Let's get to the point." I grumbled, drawing The Disciplinarian and pointing it at the young man in front of me. "We're here to discuss your semblance. You won't leave here without explaining everything about how it works."

My tone was stern and sharp, but the boy just smiled.

"Yes, ma'am."

"Very well, start by giving me a general explanation of it. Then I'll begin asking questions to help identify weaknesses and how I can assist in enhancing its combat performance."

"My semblance allows me to create anything I have a basic knowledge of. It can fill in the gaps in knowledge as long as they're not... extreme." The young man commented with some uncertainty.

"I see. You didn't have all the knowledge about that armor used in initiation?"

"I have a lot of knowledge about the performance of that armor, both for civilian and combat use. My knowledge of hydraulics is much smaller, and it was this gap in knowledge that my semblance filled."

"That's absurd. Could you produce a weapon just by seeing it being used?"

"I'm not 100% sure, but anything I've seen being used repeatedly..."

Jaune paused to think for a moment, as if searching his memory for the answer... or making one up.

"Okay, you know what? I give up," the boy said in a bored tone.