01, 𝗠𝗲𝗿𝗴𝗲𝗿 (𝟲.𝟬𝟱, 𝗜𝗻𝘃𝗮𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻)

"Today is the day where our lives could change. We're going to be overrun by Mercy West assholes who suck. And I don't want to share my job with someone who sucks," Cassie Torres said as she laid in bed with her boyfriend.

Mark Sloan turned to her and smiled. "Angel eyes... you're gonna be fine. Webber would be bonkers to get rid of you. You're amazing," he told her.

Cassie pouted. "You have to say that. You're my boyfriend. And I don't wanna have to gauge someone's eyes out if they look at you," she mumbled.

"Doll... these eyes are for you. And you alone," Mark said as he kissed her neck. He grabbed her hips and pulled her on top of him. "Listen. You're going nowhere. Arizona loves you. I love you. Callie loves you."

Cassie grinned as she looked down at him. "I think you're awesome too. Second hottest doctor at Seattle Grace."

"Second? Who's first?"

"Me."

****

"So I spoke to Callie last night. About the Mercy West residents. And they apparently don't suck," Cristina said as she looked to her two friends. "Cassie is safe because she's Arizona's Peds prodigy. Mer is safe because of being married to Derek. Plus you, angel eyes is the one who wants become double board certified OB and Peds."

Cassie shrugged. It was true that since she had been at Seattle Grace, she had become Arizona's go to resident for her surgeries.

She had been on Mark's service a couple of times too. And she had loved helping people feel better about themselves.

Meredith nodded. "It's true. And she's McSteamy's girlfriend. Have you seen his puppy dog eyes when she's around?"

"Yes. He has to be near her," Cristina said as she looked to Anna.

Cassie rolled her eyes but smiled. "Mark doesn't play favourites. He treats us all the same," she said with a shrug.

Cristina rolled her eyes. "Could have fooled me."

****

Cassie was sitting on the bench in the locker room. She had been for coffee with Mark before arriving at work. She looked up as Cristina and Izzie walked in.

Alex hated the tension between his best friend and the girl he was married to. But since the situation with Izzie. He knew Cassie didn't like Izzie from the whole situation where Izzie slept with George when he was married to Callie.

The door opened again and a group of people walked in wearing orange scrubs. One of them with short hair went over to George's and put her stuff in.

"Oh. Hey. You can't put that in there," Izzie said, getting the attention of everybody.

Cassie turned and frowned. She didn't like Izzie. But she would protect what little they had left of George. She smiled at the blonde who stood there looking unimpressed.

The woman with short hair turned to look at Izzie. "Oh. They told us to grab a cubby," she said.

Cassie nodded. "I'm sure they did. But you literally can't use that one."

Izzie looked to Cassie and then to the other woman. "Could you just take your stuff out? There are some empty ones over there. You can use them," she told her.