022, 𝗠𝗮𝗿𝗸'𝘀 𝗪𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆 (𝟴𝘅𝟬𝟰, 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁 𝗜𝘀 𝗜𝘁 𝗔𝗯𝗼𝘂𝘁 𝗠𝗲𝗻?)

Ellie arrived at Cassie and Mark's new apartment. They had moved in a couple of weeks after they had agreed to try their relationship again.

Cassie didn't want to be close to her sister. She still hadn't been able to forgive her. She knocked the door and smiled as Mark answered it.

Ellie took Rosie and held her close. "Hi Rosie girl. Auntie Ellie missed you so much. Oh you're just adorable!" She said as she bounced her gently. She looked around. "Where's Cassie?"

"Having a freak out. She doesn't want to leave Rosie."

"Who can blame her? This girl is delicious," Ellie said as she held the little girl close to her.

Cassie came out the bathroom.  She had clearly been crying. Ellie grinned. "Oh Cass. Are you okay?" She asked.

"No. She's my baby and I'm leaving her," Cassie mumbled as she held her

Mark took Rosie from Cassie and smiled. "It's three days. We're gonna be fine. Bye, mommy. Have fun at the spa mommy," he said as he waved Rosie's hand.

Chloe pouted as she kissed her little girl. "Bye-bye my Rosie girl. I love you so so much."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Go."

"Just one more kiss."

"Go. Come on."

Cassie kissed Rosie once more. She sighed. "I'm gonna miss you so much," she mumbled as she stroked her cheek.

Ellie smiled as she looked to Rosie. "Bye. Bye," she said to the little girl.

"See ya," Mark said as he closed the door. He looked to Rosie. "It's just you and me, kid. High five Mark High five. Dap. Blow it up."

Rosie babbled as she looked around the room. Mark sat with her on the sofa. "You know you and mommy mean everything to me. And now she's got to spend a whole day away from you. Which is gonna hurt her. But she's at a posh hotel for her course."

****

Webber walked over to Mark. "Did Cassie and Ellie get off okay?" He asked as he looked to him.

"Cass didn't wanna leave Rosie. But she left eventually. Thanks for letting her go chief. She wasn't doing much other than work and being a mom," Mark said.

Webber nodded. "Sloan, erm look. I'm putting the word out. My case load has been kinda light these days. So if you hear of any red meat on the floor..."

Mark shook his head. "Look at him. Acting like he owns the place," he said.

"Uh. He does."

"He's hanging on by his teeth. It's undignified," Mark said. He looked up as Derek walked over. "Hey."

"What are you guys looking at?" Derek asked as he stood with them.

Mark gurned to him. "Hunt's not cut out for the job."

"What did something happen?"

Webber shook his head. "Nothing happened."

Mark nodded in agreement. "You can see it in his demeanour. He's got fear in his eyes," he told them.

Derek shrugged. "He's a decorated military officer. What do you think got to him? Call schedule? Lunch order?" He said.

Mark shrugged and smiled. "I'm just saying. When he belly flops, I'm here for the hospital," he told them.

"You're a good man."

Owen walked over to them. He smiled. "Gentlemen. Anything I can do for you?" He asked.