08, 𝗦𝗵𝗼𝗼𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴𝘀 (𝟲𝘅𝟮𝟯 𝗦𝗮𝗻𝗰𝘁𝘂𝗮𝗿𝘆 & 𝟲𝘅𝟮𝟰, 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗔𝗻𝗱 𝗔𝗹𝗹 𝗛𝗶𝘀 𝗙𝗿𝗶𝗲𝗻𝗱𝘀)

Cassie groaned as she emptied the contents of her stomach. She had been out drinking with Ellie. They had been to Joe's and came back to drink even more.

She knew it was a bad idea knowing how they had work the next morning. But she needed to forget. She needed to move on from Mark Sloan and all he had done to hurt her.

It was hard for her to think about all that had happened with Mark. She missed him more than she thought she would.

Ellie looked to Cassie as she walked back into the room. "Are you okay?" She asked.

Cassie nodded. She groaned. "Men are stupid. They're assholes who think with their cocks and then complain when they have to be mature. And I don't like them," she mumbled.

Ellie nodded in agreement. "Or they draw you in with their piercing blue eyes and think you constantly need them."

"Amen... why don't we just get married and fuck off from men all together?" Cassie suggested.

"Tempting."

Cassie grinned. She knew how things were lately. And she just somehow needed to get through it all.

****

Mark was sitting in his apartment. He was looking at the ring he had. An engagement ring. For Cassie. He wanted to make it right with her. He wanted a future with her.

He just needed to somehow get her alone to talk to her. To make her see that he wouldn't hurt her again. He couldn't hurt her again.

He knew how much he had hurt her. And he wanted the chance to put it right. He had cheated on her and he had broken her heart into pieces.

It was the one thing he had never wanted to do. He never wanted to make Cassie feel as though she had done something wrong.

****

Ellie looked up as Mark walked towards her. She raised her eyebrows. "I hope you're about to ask me to scrub in on a surgery, walk away," she said.

Mark rolled his eyes. "I get it. You don't like me. I don't like me much. I bought Cassie a ring."

Ellie frowned. "You bought her a ring? Mark, she's broken. She's a wreck. It's not just your fault. It's the whole Addison thing. She's a broken mess. And I don't think a ring is going to cut it," she told him.

"It's a start. And I'm your brother. I used to plait your hair all the time. So you need to be nicer to me," Mark told her.

Ellie rolled her eyes. She shook her head. "I know you were the one who plaited my hair. But guess what, Cassie is my best friend. She's my rock. So if she's hurting, I'm automatically inclined to dislike the guy who hurt her. Brother or not."

Mark frowned. "You really are mean Eleanor."

"Bite me."

****

Cassie walked over to Meredith and Cristina. She smiled. "What's going on?" She asked as she looked to them.

Cristina turned to Chloe and then to Meredith. "You can tell her. She's one of us. And she's nice," she said.

"I'm only nice to those people who deserve my niceness. Cause otherwise I'm a bitch," Cassie said.