06, 𝗖𝗵𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴

Cassie was missing Mark. She knew that he was in L.A with Sloan. She knew that she felt bad for dumping him. But she felt like he was making plans for her without even consulting her.

Ellie walked into the bedroom and rolled her eyes. She looked to her. "Are you moping over my brother?" She asked as she sat on the bed.

Cassie groaned and nodded. "I miss him. And don't you have Jackson to be all over?" She said as she looked to her.

"Well I figured I'd come and see how you're doing. Cause I know you're acting a sad sack over McDaddy," she told her.

"McDaddy..."

Ellie shrugged and smiled. "What? He's a daddy isn't he? Soon to be a granddaddy. And I'm allowed to call him that because, you know, he's my brother and oh my god. I'm a great aunt... I'm too young for this," she said.

****

Mark and Addison were sitting on the beach with Sam and Naomi. Naomi looked to Mark. "Have you settled with anyone yet? I know you have a player lifestyle."

"He's actually been in a relationship with someone for the past year. And they're happy," Addison told her.

Mark said nothing as he drank his beer. He didn't even know if he had a relationship with Cassie anymore. He knew how things had been with them.

A few hours later, Mark and Addison were drunk. They were sitting on the sofa in Addison's house. She sighed. "Our baby would have been five half now."

Mark nodded. He smiled. "You seem happier here. It's a good place for you."

"I'm happy here. I know that for certain. You seem happy. With Cassie?"

"Cassie. She's amazing. I don't know why she's interested in me. But she is. And... I can see myself being happy with her," Mark said.

Mark and Addison looked into each others eyes. Their lips met in a heated and passionate kiss. Within seconds, they were both naked and having sex.

****

The next evening, Callie opened the door to Mark. She frowned. "I thought you were in LA?" He asked as he looked to him.

"Is she here?"

"Cassie?" Callie asked. At Mark's nod, he continued. "She's asleep. Hard day at work. A kid lost their life in a bad abuse. Come and find her tomorrow Mark. It's for the best."

Mark nodded. He sighed. "Tell her from me that I'm back. And that I need to see her," he said. He needed to tell Cassie about having sex with Addison.

"I'll tell her when she wakes up. Get some rest."

****

Ellie and Jackson were in Joe's. Jackson looked to Ellie. "You're still worried about Cassie?" He asked as he kissed her hand.

Ellie nodded. "I'm sorry. I just can't help but think
My brother is going to break her heart. And it's not fair on her."

Jackson smiled as he kissed her lips. "You're so caring. The friendship you have with Cassie... I've never seen anything like that before," he said.

Ellie smiled. "She's been there for me since day one. Everything I've been through in my life, she was there."

"This is why I think I like you Ellie Sloan."

Ellie smiled as she wrapped her arms around his neck and kissed him. "I like you too."

It was the first time Ellie and Jackson had admitted they liked each other.