018, 𝗥𝗼𝘀𝗶𝗲 𝗘𝗹𝗲𝗮𝗻𝗼𝗿 𝗧𝗼𝗿𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗦𝗹𝗼𝗮𝗻 (𝟳𝘅𝟭𝟵, 𝗜𝘁'𝘀 𝗮 𝗟𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗪𝗮𝘆 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸)

Rosie Sloan lay in the NICU. Ellie sat by her incubator and smiled. "You need to get bigger now sweetie. Auntie Ellie needs her cuddles with her favourite girl," she said.

****

Ellie walked into Cassie's room. She looked to her and smiled. "Hey. You okay? You're not pushing yourself are you?" Ellie asked as she sat down.

Cassie shrugged and sighed. "I just want to see my baby girl. I'm missing her. And I've never even seen her," she said.

Before Ellie could speak, the door opened. Mark walked in and smiled. "Good morning. Baby report. Boom," he said.

Arizona looked to Cassie. "I'm gonna go see her," she said as she walked out.

Cassie smiled to Mark. "Hey. You're awesome she said. She saw how Mark had a picture "Oh, gimme, gimme, gimme!"

Mark showed her the photo. "See? She's moving her arm like she's waving. She still doesn't open her eyes, but she only stopped breathing once last night. And get this ... her brain bleed's still grade 1," he told her.

Cassie smiled. "Good girl. She looks bigger. Is she bigger?" She asked.

Bailey walked in. She looked to him. "All right. Some of us are still working. Let me get in there, please," she told them.

Mark nodded. He turned to Cassie. "Okay, I have a consult. I have to go. How are you?" He asked. Knowing he still loved her. And he wanted her to be okay.

Cassie nodded. "Um ... I almost got my hand straight."

"That's great mm-hmm. I'll see you later doll," Mark said as he walked out of her room.

Cassie nodded. "Yeah," she said as Mark left. She turned to Bailey. "So today? I can see her today?"

Bailey shook her head. "I'm sorry. No."

"But until..."

"No. You can be mobilized and your infections are completely gone, you cannot see her, and she cannot leave the NICU. Now you know I would if I could," Bailey said. She knew that she felt bad for Cassie not being able to see her little girl.

"Mm. Mm-hmm

"Right? You know that, ri...," bailey said. "Sloan. Mm-hmm. Tell her I would. Mm-hmm."

Ellie smiled to her best friend. "She would if she could," she told her.

Cassie tried to give Bailey the finger. Bailey turned to her. "Are you giving me the finger?" She asked.

Cassie nodded. "Yes, I am," she said as she tried to shrug. 

Bailey smiled. "Good job."

****

Ellie looked to see Jackson as he walked over to her. He smiled. "How's Cassie?" He asked. He felt the tension between them.

Ellie nodded. "It's... it's good. She's getting there. She wants to see Rosie. But, obviously she can't yet. Infections and all," she told him.

Ellie and Jackson had spent the night having sex after Cassie had woken up from the car crash. And since then, it had been so awkward between them.