017, "𝗦𝗵𝗲 𝗛𝗮𝘀 𝗧𝗼 𝗟𝗶𝘃𝗲" (𝟳𝘅𝟭𝟴, 𝗦𝗼𝗻𝗴 𝗕𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗮𝘁𝗵 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗦𝗼𝗻𝗴)

Ellie groaned as she came around. "Cassie! Cassie! Cassie!" She said panicking.

It was then that Ellie saw Cassie's feet through the broken windshield. She took her seatbelt off immediately.

"Cassie! Oh, Cassie! Help! Help! Somebody, call 9-1-1! Help! Oh!" Ellie screamed. She needed to make sure her best friend was okay.

The driver of the truck ran over. "Oh, no. What should we..."

"Go! Help me! Help! I need an ambulance!"

****

Meredith walked into the OR where Mark was. She looked to him. "Dr Sloan. Are you almost done here?" She asked.

Mark nodded. "I'm good in two seconds. What's up?"

"I'll... I'll wait," Meredith mumbled. She knew this was going to be hard.

Mark smiled under his mask. "I rocked this mandibular repair. You'd never know this guys jaw was broke in five places. I'm somewhat of an artist. Not Picasso, because then his jaw would be on his forehead. I'm like, uh, Chagall, Michelangelo. I'm Michelangelo. There. Done. Hopefully I can take my girl to dinner. What do you got?" He asked.

****

Mark ran out to the ambulance bay. He looked around and saw everyone there. "What the hell happened?" He asked.

Owen looked over to him. "Car versus truck. That's all we know," he told him.

"And her injuries? What ... the baby?"

"We don't know yet."

Mark rolled his eyes. "Well, why the ... why the hell don't you know? Someone get me a trauma gown!"
He yelled.

The ambulance was heard approaching. Webber looked to Mark. "Mark, you need to sit this one out."

Mark shook his head. "I'm not sitting this one out. That's Cassie. That's my kid!" He told them.

Webber nodded. "Chloe is right. I'm sorry. You can't be a doctor on this one," he said.

"Screw you."

"Sloan."

Mark shook his head. "Screw all of you," he said as he held a look with Webber.

Webber sighed. "Look at me, Sloan. Look at me. Look, maybe I don't understand what you two have, how you have it, but I understand this, she is your family. Cassie Torres and that baby are your family, and the best way that you can help your family is to step back and let the rest of us do what you can't rationally do ... save their lives. Okay? Mark."

Mark nodded. He sighed. "I'm in the room, you hear me? Okay. I'm in the room."

"Okay. Hunt, you're in charge," Webber told Owen as they heard the ambulance getting closer.

"All right, everyone. Multiple blunt trauma protocol. Let's go!"

The Paramedic looked to the doctors. "Tachycardic and hypotensive en route. Obvious head and chest injuries."

Owen looked down at Cassie. "Cassie? Cassie. We've got you, you hear me? Everything is gonna be okay," he told her.

"She's hemorrhaging. Wait. Hold on. Is that blood coming from her chest?"

Arizona ran out to them. "I just heard. The baby?" She asked.

Bailey smiled as she looked to Cassie. "Oh, j ... uh, honey, we're gonna fix you up just fine. Don't you worry."

Arizona looked to Owen. Missing the look she was getting from Mark. "She went through the windshield."

"Seat belt? Airbags?"