029, 𝗕𝗼𝗮𝗿𝗱𝘀 (𝟴𝘅𝟮𝟭 𝗠𝗼𝗺𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝗧𝗿𝘂𝘁𝗵 & 𝟴𝘅𝟮𝟮 𝗟𝗲𝘁 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗕𝗮𝗱 𝗧𝗶𝗺𝗲𝘀 𝗥𝗼𝗹𝗹)

Mark looked to Cassie as she paced the bedroom. He smirked. "You're going to be fine."

"No I am not. These are my boards. And they can determine if I become a real doctor. Or if I become a stay at home parent with Rosie. And I want to be a doctor," Cassie said.

Mark rolled his eyes and sighed. "Cass. You're going to be fine. I promise. You're gonna ace the boards. I promise you," he told her. He pulled her onto the bed. "Rosie and me are gonna be waiting right here for you. I promise."

Cassie smiled. "Thanks. I think. I'm just so nervous at the moment. And I think like maybe I'm going to lose my mind," she said.

"You lost that when you got with me."

"I know. I'm losing my mind."

Mark looked to Cassie and smiled. "Have you thought about where you wanna go?" He asked.

Cassie nodded. "I've told Hunt already. I'm staying here. I don't wanna leave. I don't wanna disrupt our family," she told him.

Mark smiled as he looked to her. He held her close and sighed. "Whatever you want, I'm happy with. I love you," he said.

"Love you too."

The two of them kissed as Mark ran his hand up her thigh. Before it could go any further, Rosie toddled in. The little girl had recently learnt to walk and she was always toddling around.

****

The next morning, Cassie was sitting with Rosie while she was eating her breakfast. Mark had made Cassie pancakes and the little girl had eaten half of them.

Cassie looked to Rosie and wiped the chocolate from around her mouth. "Rosie, are you going to miss mommy?"

"Yes!."

"Mommy is going to miss you too," Cassie said as she smiled. "I don't wanna leave you."

Mark rolled his eyes and smirked. "You're gonna be fine. You drama queen," he told her.

"I am not a drama queen. I just don't want to leave my child," Cassie mumbled. Knowing she didn't really want to leave her little girl.

Mark pulled her close and kissed her. He smiled. "It's gonna be fine. You're gonna be fine," he told her as he smiled.

****

Ellie smiled as she saw Cassie. "Wow. You look pale. Are you pregnant?" She asked.

"What is your obsession with me being pregnant? The last couple weeks you've asked me that daily. Are you pregnant or something?" Cassie said as she looked to her.

Ellie shook her head. She grinned. "No I'm not. Jackson and I haven't talked about it. But I don't feel ready yet. I wanna pass my boards. It's the only thing I can think of," she told her.

"I get you. I was the same with Rosie. But obviously that didn't work as I got pregnant over a year ago," Cassie said.

****

All too soon, it was time to leave for the boards. Cassie was stood watching as April was freaking out. "We should be gone by now," she mumbled as she looked to Owen.

"The flight's not for three hours. You're fine."

April shook her head. She was completely freaking out. "I-I'd be fine if people showed up on time," she told him.

Cassie looked over to April. She smiled. "Be thankful I'm here on time. I have a daughter I could be saying goodbye to!" She called.

Owen smiled to April. "No one is going to be late. San Francisco is a short flight away. There's no reason to be nervous, okay?" He said.