015, 𝗗𝗼𝗻𝘂𝘁 𝗛𝗼𝗹𝗲𝘀 (𝟳𝘅𝟭𝟰, 𝗣.𝗬.𝗧 {𝗣𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘁𝘆 𝗬𝗼𝘂𝗻𝗴 𝗧𝗵𝗶𝗻𝗴})

Mark was in shock that Cassie was pregnant. She had kept it from him. He didn't blame her. She was heartbroken. He had hurt more than anyone had.

Part of Mark wished he could go back in time. He would never have hurt her. And they would be together right now. And they would be having a baby together.

He wanted Cassie to talk to him. But she wouldn't. He had betrayed her with her own sister.

She had told him to his face that he could raise his baby with Callie and she would look after their own baby on her own.

Mark didn't want it to be that way. He wanted to have Cassie there with him. Things had changed completely.

****

Cassie left the bathroom. She saw Ellie who smiled. She handed her some water. "Keep your strength up. For the baby," he said.

Cassie smiled. "I wish it were Derek and Mer who were having the baby. Not me," she mumbled.

"It will happen for them."

"I hope so," Cassie said as she walked back into her bedroom. She looked to Ellie. "Have you talked to Mark?"

Ellie shook her head. She sighed. "Part of me knew something had happened between them. But I didn't want to say anything. I told Mark he needed to tell you," she said.

"I'm not mad. I'm hurt. My own sister did that. She knew how I felt about him. And she still slept with him. She's pregnant. And so am I... I had it all planned. I was going to cook him dinner. I made a little baby box. I put in a onesie I had bought. The pregnancy test and a copy of the sonogram. I just... I'm so hurt," Cassie mumbled.

Ellie nodded. She looked to her. "I know. And what he's done is disgusting. I know it's not just him. It's Callie too. You're not alone. You know that right?"

"I know. And thanks. For letting me stay here," Cassie said.

****

Callie turned to Arizona. She frowned. "What is it?" She asked as she looked to the goo.

"It's kale and apple juice smoothing. It's time to think less about your cravings. And more about filling that baby with nutrients. Which that has," Arizona handed the glass to Callie. She put the rest of the drink in a bottle to give to Cassie.

"It also has chunks. I don't drink chunks. I want my coffee," Callie said as the door opened and Mark walked in. "Mark. Tell the woman I'm allowed to drink one cup of regular coffee."

Mark nodded. "Sure you are."

Arizona turned to him. "Oh wait, Mark. Are you aware that there are studies that link caffeine with preterm labour. Low birth weight and other birth defects?" She said.

Mark turned to Callie. "That goo looks great," he said.

Callie sighed. She looked to Mark and Arizona. "Okay. You two can't just dictate what I'm allowed to eat and drink," she told them.

"Nobody is dictating anything. But you're pregnant now. So things have to be different. You're gonna have to eat better. And take it easier at work. And well if it helps, we'll give up caffeine too," she said.

"That helps no one."

****

Cassie was stood in the trauma room. She saw Callie walking in and scoffed. Ellie came over. "Ignore her Cass," she said.

Owen walked over and smiled. "Oh, what do we have here?" He asked.

April shook her head. "You really don't want to know."