030, "𝗪𝗲'𝗿𝗲 𝗦𝘁𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴" (𝟴𝘅𝟮𝟯 𝗠𝗶𝗴𝗿𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻)

Owen looked to Mark. They were discussing the residents. "Where are we with other Sloan and Avery?" He asked.

Mark looked up. "Avery is holding offers from U.S.C. , Penn, Tulane, and Emory. Tulane and Emory are in love. They want him bad. Cass is adamant she's staying here. St Ambrose in Los Angeles want her. New York too. But she wants to stay here."

Owen nodded. He sighed. "Grey?" He asked as he turned to Derek.

"Uh, still between Boston and Seattle."

"If I'm gonna lose one of my talented residents and my top neurosurgeon, I'd love a decision sooner than later," Owen told him.

Derek nodded. He knew how he needed answers from Meredith about what she was going. "You and me both, Hunt."

"Yang?"

"Well, she didn't tell you? Uh, Stanford and Columbia are playing hardball, but I'm confident that we're still in the mix," Teddy told him.

Owen nodded and sighed. "And every year, crowds of people gather around Seattle to drink beer and watch the flocks take off."

"Lee, Steinman, and Renaldo?"

"Offer from Rice. Leaning toward Wash U. Baylor and San Diego are both after him," a doctor said to owen.

Arizona has a big smile on her face. "Well, Karev is staying. And so is Esmè. She doesn't wanna leave her mama."

Owen sighed. "If we are out this many surgeons, I'm gonna need to hire now, so let's get answers from our people as soon as possible. Thank you. And let's not forget that we've agreed to assist Boise memorial with their conjoined twin surgery, so make sure your teams are ready to leave from the lobby no later than 10:00 tomorrow night."

****

Cassie was with Ellie at Meredith's house. The 5th year residents were having a party for having passed the boards.

Cassie looked to Ellie. "We passed the boards. We are certified doctors!" She said.

"Nah we killed our boards! We are fucking amazing," Ellie said as she downed her drink.

Jackson walked over to Ellie. He frowned. "Do you not think you've had enough to drink?" He questioned.

Ellie grinned and shook her head. "It's all good, Jackman. I'm not going to get too drunk. I need you tonight."

April got up to dance as Alex walked over. "Kepner's wasted. That's a first."

Jackson nodded. "Yeah, well, lately she's been all about... firsts."

Cassie turned to him. She tilted her head. "Wait... did April lose her v card? With who?" She asked.

"I don't know. She told me. She never said who it was. Probably someone at the boards. She went a little out of control," Jackson told her.

Cristina's started to ring. ""Wait, wait, wait. Music," she said.

Meredith mutes the music and Cristina answers.

"This is Dr. Yang. Well, that does certainly give me a lot to think about. Thank you so much for calling."

Cristina turned to her friends. "Mayo wants to give me a research lab. Guess who's back in the running! Whoo!"

"Yeah, Cristina!"

The volume went back up. Cassie stood in disbelief as she saw how April was acting. "April!"

Alex shook his head. "So that's what rock bottom looks like."

Another phone started to ring, so the music is muted again. "Music. Music."