𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 ²⁰¹⁹

June 28, 2019
JJ's POV

"𝐈 𝐟𝐮𝐜𝐤𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮, 𝐑𝐨𝐫𝐢."

I stared ahead at the only place I've ever called home

I stared ahead at the only place I've ever called home. The only place I've ever found comfort. The only place that I've ever felt safe. The only place that I've been happy in. The only place that I've felt loved.

The château.

John B and Big John were on a 'father and son bonding fishing trip.' I knew that they were having some troubles and getting into arguments and whatnot. I wish I could say I was just getting into arguments with my father. Especially tonight.

I could feel the throbbing from my swollen, cut, and bloodied lip. The pain I felt every time I made the slightest motion on my face. The wincing sensation I would feel when I ever so slightly maneuvered my torso around.

Yeah, I would do anything to just get into arguments with my father.

It almost made me get upset at how selfish John B was to even complain about just getting into arguments with his father. Especially, being that he knows about my situation.

My jaw clenched as I stared down at my beaten up, rusted combat boots. God, I fucking hate my dad. The shit he causes me. The shit he makes me feel. I would pray everyday for a day where I could just argue with my dad, without all the bruises and punches and blood and crying. It would all be so much easier. I wouldn't feel any pain anymore.

My eyes left my feet that were kicking around the rocks on the dirt, rocky driveway and went to the wood fish shack that had one light open in the living room. Now, I wouldn't feel any pain. Just because my best friend and my only father figure weren't there, doesn't mean she wasn't.

I walked up to the door, the sound of cicadas and crickets taking over my ears as the light from the bright moon lit up the way there. I knocked my split knuckles against the wood of the door delicately, careful not to cause myself anymore pain. I licked my lips as I waited patiently by the door, waiting to see her face so I could finally smile. Even if it makes me wince a little. I don't care how much pain it'll cause me, I'll always smile when I see her.

Once the door opened, I felt my heart skip a beat. Her wet hair, I'm assuming from a shower, laid on top of her pale yellow tank top. Her black sweatpants covering just above her belly button. My whole entire body felt at ease just by seeing her tan skinned  face, her nose slightly more red from the rest of her face, and the small smile on her glossed lips.