𝐭𝐨𝐠𝐞𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

Home - Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros

"Home is wherever I'm with you."

꧁꧂ ꧁꧂ ꧁꧂

𝖲𝖤𝖠𝖲𝖮𝖭 𝟣 𝖤𝖯𝖨𝖲𝖮𝖣𝖤 𝟦- 𝖲𝖯𝖸 𝖦𝖠𝖬𝖤𝖲

"I feel like I disappointed him." John B spoke up for the first time since we left the boat. We were walking through the dirt path towards the château in defeat. We ended up not actually finding the Royal Merchant gold at all. Someone either beat us to it or it was never there. I'm going with the second one at the moment.

I gave John B an opposing look and shook my head, "Johnny, no. Don't say that. You could never disappoint your dad." I knew John B was already beaten down from getting the conformation that his father was dead and all he wanted to do was find that Royal Merchant gold and make his dad proud. Unfortunately, we didn't find the gold... but that didn't mean that his dad wasn't proud of him regardless.

"Its true, Rori," John B muttered, aimlessly kicking a rock in our path as he continued talking, "I was too late. I should've done this shit a while ago."

The rock ended up near my feet, so I sighed as I kicked it towards John B again, "You didn't know then, and its okay. Your dad loved you John B, and I know that no matter what you do, he'll always be proud. Don't beat yourself down too much."

John B ran his hands through his tangled brown hair as he kicked the rock in between his feet and than ultimately kicked it back to me, "I just- he spent so much time on trying to look for it, you know? You remember! He was in his office 24/7, trying to find that gold, and I fucked all of that hard work up."

I kicked the rock ahead of me and followed after it, "Johnny, please stop blaming yourself. I know that your dad is laughing at you right now after hearing what shit is flying out of your mouth."

Once I caught up with the ball, I kicked it towards John B again. He laughed and quirked an eyebrow at me, "Oh, and he's not laughing at you?"

"Uh.. no." I deadpanned at him as he passed the rock to me with ease, "He's probably agreeing with me and looking at you like you're snorting something."

John B just shook his head and laughed as we were approaching our wooden home. I kicked the rock into the grass, being that we were headed inside. I walked up the creaky steps to the front porch of the chateau and waited behind John B as he gently pushed the door open.