chapter 8

James

The next morning everything is back to normal, hopefully Zach isn't still annoyed about yesterday. Keyz gets up and walks into the shower room. Zach gets up and calls to us. "Hey, what's on the news?"  Trinity sighs and putting down her book. She looked really annoyed just because she has to put it down.

            "Today on the 10 'O' clock news, Katherine Thorne, Murdered or suicide? Many citizens have been asking and now we have the answers!"

            Trinity's face pales. She looks like she was going to be sick. But then it gets even worse...

            "She was indeed murdered. We have exclusive photos of the house from the inside."

The photo's appears on the screen, one at a time... Trinity looks mortified. Zach then opens his big fat mouth and announces "Look at that blood splatter." He laughs. "No wonder she's dead, she couldn't even hurt a fly. She should have been dead earlier than that." He is laughing so much. He is rocking back a forth. Trinity's face is covered in tears and she runs out into her room sobbing.

Keyz walks in and says "She's still on the news." She is looking horrified.

"Yeah, who is it?" asks Zach.

"It's me and Trinity's grandma." Then my angry breaks the cages I put up long ago. Keyz runs into Trinity's room. I stand up and walk over to Zach; He looks amused at the whole thing. I grab him by the collar of his shirt and it twist around my fist, I push him up against the wall.

"What the hell! Zach!"

Zach smirked and said "Look calm down it's not like it affected her is it? You're only like this 'cause you have a thing for her!" He shot that back in my face but by that time he has pissed me off!

I drop him and shout at him "You bastard!" I put my hand in a fist and it collides with Zach's face. The blow has caught him of guard. He staggers back, straight into the wall.

He put his hand to his cheek and looks at me. He is shocked more than anything. "Think next time you say anything!" I warn him. I leave him to wander in his thoughts; I take a deep breath and open the door. Trinity is on her bed sobbing. Keyz has tears streaming down her face. I indicate to Zach and Keyz whispers to Trinity, She nods and Keyz, looking very angry, storms out the room. I go over to Trinity and she has her head in her hands. I could hear her distant sobs. My heart breaks for her. I crawl on over to her and sit on her bed, she looks up at me and put her arms around me. She places her head on my shoulder. I pull her closer. I make soothing sounds and just held her tightly. The she move and see my hand. She lifts my hand and analyses it, she looks to see if there's any bones broken.

"What happened?" She looks into my eyes and I could tell that she is worried.

"It's nothing I'm fine." I smile but I know she doesn't believe me.

"You punched him... Didn't you?"

I eventually tell her the truth. "Yes, I erm did." I blush. She lifts my hand and kisses the bruises. Her lips feel soft against my hand. Her hair tickles my hand but I don't move, don't even breathe. She puts her hand in mine and smiles at me.

 I lean closer but then a huge scream has to cut through the moment. "ZACH!" Still holding my hand, we rush into the living room, seeing something we did not expect.

  *

Zach

When James disappeared down the hallway, I didn't have a clue what to say especially since James actually hit me, He punched me, I guess I deserved it but he never ever used violence but something snapped in him. I grab an icepack, wrap it in a towel and place in on my cheekbone. Ouch! God, did it hurt. Then just to make my day complete, Keyz looking quite annoyed and upset comes running at me. "What the hell! Zach!" she practically shouts at me.