chapter 16

Zach

The moon shines upon the trees in the forest. Trinity, James and I are all sitting outside waiting for Keyz and Josh to come back. Its 9:23, they have been gone for hours, I am getting very worried about them. Especially Keyz. I love her but she ran off with Josh and not me. Why Josh? What does Josh have that I don't have? Nothing. I could make Keyz more special than him. "Shall we have another look?" James asks.

Everyone was silent until Trinity said, "It's okay, we will find her," as she put her hand on my back. Then I realise I am crying. I swear under my breath for being stupid!

"I know, but I don't understand why she went with Josh and not me! But yeah lets have another look," I say as I get up and head to the forest.

One hour later. We all are walking together down a muddy path. Trinity and James are holding hands; I wish I just could put my fingers through Keyz's, even if I am annoyed at her. James snaps me out of my dreaming zone and yells, "Look! A trail of blood! It could be Keyz's!" All of us start to run and follow this trail of blood. I hope it wasn't Keyz's, I believed it wasn't Keyz's but I hope it leads us to her! After a few minutes the trail gets smaller and smaller to the point when it stops and so did my hope of finding Keyz for that day.

"We may as well leave then" I huff. But as I turn around I hear a bush move.

"Shh!" Trinity and James say. They heard it too! It could be Keyz! My hope shot up. We crept up to the bush and peeped over it. All that was there was a dark hooded person.

"Hey have you seen..." I came to a stop when I realise it wasn't a person... It's a demon. It moves quicker than anything I'd ever seen. Before I could react it pushes me and I fly into a tree. "Ouch!" I scream in agony. As James helps me up, Trinity starts to use her gift, but even she is struggling. This demon is way too fast. This would have been easier if Keyz was here, she could have trapped it and we could have killed it by now. This demon is small and is dressed in normal dark clothes; it has long legs and a small body. Its eyes are as black as darkness could be. I touch the nearest, hardest object and run towards it. Trinity, James and I have it surrounded. I make the first move. I punch it on the jaw and it stumbles back. Then Trinity kicks it with both feet in the stomach then James grabs a sharp stick and stabs it in the heart. We all backed off and watched the good, blue spirit leave the demon body and we watch it go up, to heaven. After that we walk home and go to sleep. Well I try to but I can't, I can't stop thinking about Keyz, she worries me so much.

*

Tom

I just can't figure out what will make Keyz's gift work. She can't use her electricity gift. Maybe it has to do with her mind and she can't concentrate with everything that's going on. I can't concentrate her mind is always screaming stuff. Stuff about... Zach, Josh and a girl called Trinity. Zach, the name of my brother..."Who's Trinity?" She is startled by my question.

"My cousin. Are you reading my mind? If so that is rude." She says. She made me laugh, she reminds me of him, and he is cocky and asks lots of questions. But I haven't seen him in ages.

"Yes. Just trying to figure you out." I explain.

"He reads everyone's mind," announces Jake. She laughs, so did Jake and I. Josh and Tobias are starting to get along and Charli and Keyz were. Jake and Keyz are pretty close too.

"Who's Zach?" I ask, hoping it could be my brother. She instantly turns a bit sad. I don't really want to talk about him but you keep asking me about him. I really miss Zach. That's when I stop tuning into her mind. "You don't have to say." I said, I smile at her and she smiles back.

When we finally get back to the caravan after a tiring training session, we see a note on the door. I take it off, open it and read it out loud

"How many of us you have slayed we shalt slay. 0506140600."

What the hell was this note about? "Oh my gosh!" yells Charli, I turn and saw Keyz's face, it is pure horror. Then I see what made their faces horror. A heart, a heart of a spirit hunter, lying outside the door. Then Charli faints. Keyz picks her up and we start to go inside. But before I could open the door, the door opens and out comes the most beautiful woman in the world, my wife. She has long beautiful brown hair and blue eyes, which sparkle whenever they land on my face. Quite tall and blue spirit hunter marks from her arms to her face. On her face is a ball, a fortune ball. She can read past, present and future. We take Charli in and I start on the note, it's some riddle or something. But I can't figure it out...for now anyway. Holly holds my hand and squeezes, I know I can get through anything with her by my side.