chapter 14

AN: This is the last chapter of the Spirit hunter book one. don't worry there is a book two XD which will be posted soon. enjoy the last chapter.

Zach

Walking towards to Tom, I never think about what is in front of me. A lifeless body with Tom clutching onto it, drowning in his sorrow. Walking closer, I can hear the tears fall from his eyes. Like his spirit is weeping as well. I can't see what is going on. Everyone crowds Tom in like a desperate need to comfort him. Trinity bursts into tears and turns to James who instantly holds her. Whatever's happened, it is sad and serious because even James is crying. Then Keyz looked at the body and covered her mouth with her hand, trying to hide her sobs. James holds out his arms and Keyz joins their hug. I move closer "Bro, what's going-" I freeze, I couldn't even move, not even breathe. Holly. Holly is the body. Holly is dead. Dead. How is it possible? Josh! He was with her! I look around to see him walking closer towards us.

"I'm sorry! I didn't mean too. She tried to kill her!" He pleads. It was him. He killed her. My sight is soon blinded by my hatred.

Before I could say anything, everyone turns around and yells "You did what?"

"Are you even on our team or just another demon?" Keyz infuriates, still crying.

"Of course I'm on your-" His eyes change. They say protect... Protect who from what?

Queen ET comes running towards Tom with a knife in her hands. "NO!" I scream, no one can do anything but Josh. He won't do anything! He is a demon! But I am wrong; He jumps in the way and pushes her back. She stumbles and lands on her back. Her red hair bounces as she falls, her dark eyes glaring, her huge, old wings clutching to the ground.

He actually protects my brother. "See, I am on your side!" The Queen arose from the ground.

"You might as well leave. We have defeated most of your demons!" James yells, still holding Trinity in his arms.

She thinks for a moment and flies into the air. She then stops "Fine! Stay with your father!" She flies into the night.

Keyz

Father? How could Tom be his father? We are all gazing at Tom, but he didn't reply. He looks shocked himself. I glance at Josh to see surprise too. There are many questions I want to ask; what is going on? Is it true? How did this happen? I look at the two of them and they do have some same features. So does Josh and his mum. His mum looks familiar...Oh no! I gasp. It can't be! "No... It can't be..." I whisper.

It is quiet, but Trinity turns and asks, "What can't be?" I inhale.

"J-J-Josh's mother is the one who possessed me." I stutter. That gets everyone's attention.

"Really? Are you sure it is her?" Josh questions.

"Well, I don't think she is going to forget the person, demon, who possessed her" James says.

"We can't stand and chat. There are still a couple of demons left." Trinity states.

"You're right. Someone stays with Tom", I agree.

"I will" Josh offers. We nod and spread out to fight some demons.

Most demons have different powers, some have the same. Searching, me and Zach come into a view of a demon. Tall and skinny. Maybe hopeless...But I'm wrong. We have made a mistake. Running straight at it, it raises its hands and shoots an icy blast at us. Instantly, I raise my hands and make a shield around us. All it did was snarl at us, showing its sharp fangs. I put my shield down. Sprinting at us, it keeps saying, "Grandma! Decisions!" The foul beast actually gets to me. I freeze. It is still sprinting at me. How does it know about grandma? I finally move when Zach pushes me out the way. I fall and scrape my head on a rock. It cut into my cheek causing me to bleed. But that didn't matter. I look up to Zach punching the demon with his metal fist. Ouch! That looks really painful. While Zach finishes it off, I look around to see if anyone else is hurt or fighting. Trinity and James are holding hands while using their water power against a demon. Teamwork! I like to see that. Apart from that it is just a bloody battlefield.

I look to see if Tom has moved. He hasn't. Still in the same place. I look at Josh who is crouching next to him. He looks up at me, he smiles. I forgive for everything...but killing Holly. A cold hand touches my face. I flinch. It's Zach. "It's just a cut, you will be fine." He helps me up and we start to walk to where Josh and Tom are. We keep looking round, no sight of any demons. Trinity and James make it to Josh and Tom before we did. Everyone stops looking for demons and concentrate on Tom. He looks really, really upset. He makes me want to cry. But I don't like crying so I keep it in. I look at everyone to see if they were okay. There are a few tears but nothing major. Zach turns normal. Josh comes and stands next to me and holds my hand. Tomorrow is going to be hard. Especially with Holly's death. I look at Zach; he has a tear in his eyes. I wipe it away and whisper, "It's okay. Everything will be fine." He smiles at me so I smile back. I give him a quick hug and turn to face Tom. Wait... is that? "Quick Keyz!" Zach yells at me. I know what he meant. A demon is running up to Trinity. I put my hand on Zach's chest and generate an electric ball and throw it at it. It falls and James finishes him off. I still have a spare electric ball in case he couldn't finish it. Zach turns human again. But too early. In the corner off my eye is a demon striding into view, heading straight at him.

"Duck!" I yell at him. I raise my hands and let the electric ball shoot out. It hit Zach straight in the heart!

"NO!" I scream. I run to him. I don't care if the demon is heading straight for me, I want; I need to go to him. Josh tries to pull me back but I push him off. Push him away. James steps into my way and holds me back. "Let me go!" I sob. He makes me look into his eyes, but I can't. I can't see past these tears... Trinity kicks the demon in the face and stabs him in the heart. I push past them. Heading straight to Zach. I fling myself over him. Then an idea pops into my head. CPR! They do it with electric volts in the hospital! I should know, I wanted to be a doctor. I spread my hands out on his chest. Draw some electric volts and send them to his body.

One after another... I try for 5 minutes before Tom stops and say, "He's dead..." I let another sob out and hug him as tight as I could.

"No... it can't be... I tried to save him...I did..." My heart broke, literally in half and it won't be the same ever again.

*

Tom.

Everything has been taken away from me. My wife and brother. Now I find out that I have a son and he just killed Holly straight in front of me. But that doesn't matter now. What matters is Zach and how we can save him. He's dead but there is another way. Grabbing her, I pull her to look me in the eye. She's still crying. I look into her mind; she is depressed from using her power. It brings depression, sadness, and anger. "There is another way to save him." I say, hoarsely.

"What is it?" she pretty much screams at me. I actually wonder if she would do it or not.

"The choice. The signals were this-it all meant this." she looks puzzled. "If you choose Zach, he will come back to life and everything is fine," she looks happier, but not much longer. "But if you do, Josh will become a proper demon." The half-smile disappears completely.

"What if she chooses Josh?" Trinity asks.

"Oh, he becomes a spirit-hunter and Zach becomes a demon." She looks terrified. It's either my brother or son... After a minute or two, I ask her.

"Who do you choose?" The only answer I get is a shake of her head. She doesn't know. "I know you're feeling depressed and all but tell us! We need to know." I nearly yell, but keep it in. She still needs to answer. By now everyone except Josh and dead Zach is crowding round.

"You need to pick soon, otherwise Zach won't return at all." James says, softly. She has nearly made her mind up. I listen to her thoughts for a while. Everything is intense. Every. Single. Move. Another two minutes had past and I'm getting really annoyed.

I grab her shoulders and give her a shake, while saying, "Hurry up, please!"

She looks so sad. She finally makes her mind. Everyone is staring at her, waiting for her to answer. Then she says it, "I choose..."