Chapter three

AN: 'Warning this chapter has a trigger warning. If you do not like that sort of thing I will show you where it begins and ends.'

Trinity

Months had passed and still nothing. No evidence, still numerous amount of suspects.

I look around the halls, my memories taking me back to a time where I used to be someone I hate. Where I used to do everything I could to become the person people would like.

I hear a commotion appearing from the upstairs floor. A laughter echoes down the halls until a large bang catches my attention and I run to the stairwell to see James rolling down the stairs. He gasps in pain and I run to his side. "Hey, are you alright?" Inside i am completely petrified but outside I am just a normal concerned teenager. I couldn't blow our cover. Not now.

James doesn't answer but instead walks away from me. My heart aches as I run upstairs to punch the boys who had done this.

"Hey!" I yell. "What gives you the right to bully people?"

"What gives you the right to go nosing in my business?"

A crack is soon heard down the floor as my fist collides with his face. He falls to the floor and holds his nose with a grunt as blood trickles down his face. I grab his hair and lift up his face before applying more punches.

I am soon ripped away from him by a member of authority and given a day in isolation and a detention at lunch time.

'oh great...'

I walk to my lunchtime detention, clenching my teeth at the fact I get a detention and those evil bullies got away with it.

I enter the room to see a black and blue James, Zach, josh. I take a seat and watch the door as Keys comes running into the detention room with Shannon, soaking wet.

We wait for ten minutes and Tom comes in requesting our assistance. I walk with the gang into Tom's room. James sits down and I rush into his arms. He chuckles and wraps his arms around me before delivering a small kiss to my forehead. "You didn't accept my help. You fell downstairs James!" I whimper.

James sighs and puts his forehead on mine, "I couldn't accept your help or it would be suspicious. Ill be fine I promise." I close my eyes and sigh with a nod.

"Now you can all tell me why you were in a detention room!" Tom says with an outburst.

"Explain calmly." Holly enforces it but nicely.

"I got put into detention for punching the people who beat up James." James inhales sharply but smiles weakly.

"I got put into detention for correcting a teacher." Tom rolls his eyes but nods expectedly.

"I got into a fight with Josh." Keyz sighs.

"Why? Can't you two just get along!" Keys exclaims.

"No we can't." Zach snaps back.

"I try Keyz, I do, he just hates me." Josh pouts and Keyz gives him a hug, allowing Zach to punch a wall.

Tom ties Zach to a chair so he can't do any more damage.

"You haven't told us yours." Holly states whilst placing her arms on her thighs.

"I put all the girls clothes in the shower." Keys blushes.

"What? That is totally unacceptable Keyz." Holly scowls at her before asking the question. "Any new evidence?"

"Nothing. They always seem to be one step ahead of us." I sigh.

"It does seem like that. However I had another vision. I saw a date. June 14th. I think something is going to happen that day so we all need to be prepared."

*

???????

I smirk outside the door of Professor Hunter. I know there was something up with him. I dial the number on my phone contacts.

"Hey, I found them, they know the date now, that Mrs Hunter saw in a vision."

I could practically hear the smirking of the person on the other side of the phone..

"Let them figure it out... it won't be long now. I shall dance with their blood soon enough." The voice echoed through the speakers and the dial tone beeped in my ear.

I put the phone in my pocket and wait for the day they will be gone for good.

*

James

I rush home after school and barricade myself within my room. Tears leak out of my eyes as sobs rack through me. 'I can't do it any more.' I grip my hair tightly as I get consumed by the darkness that they planted in my soul.

'You don't belong here dorm!'; 'why don't you just do us all a favour and die!'; 'you think you have a chance? This is my school and you are the scrum on my shoe!'; 'lowlife!'

All of these echo are around my head as I lift up the blade.

*

Trinity

I walk home with Josh and Keyz. Something in the pit of my stomach is telling me something is wrong until realisation overtook me. James.

I run inside, leaving Keyz yelling my name. I knock on his door. No answer.

I bang and bang until I break down the door.

James looks up at me with tears glistening in his eyes. Blood dripping down his arms from the slashes he had inflicted into himself.

I take the blade out of his hands and pull him into my chest as muffled sobs came from him. He shudders as he cries.

So I shush him gently and sing him the song his mother used to sing to him.

'Sleep my child and peace attend thee,
All through the night.
Guardian angels God will send thee,
Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and dale in slumber sleeping,
I my loved ones' watch am keeping,
All through the night.

Angels watching, e'er around thee,
All through the night.
Midnight slumber close surround thee,
All through the night.
Soft the drowsy hours are creeping,
Hill and dale in slumber sleeping,
I my loved ones' watch am keeping,
All through the night.'

I hear him slowly drift to sleep calm and peaceful. I get help from Tom to bandage his wounds and place him into bed.

I sit next to his sleeping form and curl up next to him as his arms wrap around me in a more of a reflex then a conscious action. But I smile and fall to sleep, listening to the beating of his beautiful heart.