Chapter One

Keyz

"I see them... holding a quill, a black raven feather quill. No a red and black raven quill, writing - writing a message - a message to us - to us. Red ink – ink- no, blood- writing in red blood – blood, blood to dark, to dark to be human, to dark. Today- today it will come- it will- it will- will send a message to us – to us, threaten us- threaten the existence of us- to the world, world they will." She says hoarsely. Holly shuddering, shaking. Her eyes open white. "They- they know...they know where we are - who we are - what we are... They are coming." Holly woke up as traumatic shakes storm through her.

"Keyz, get the yellow tonic. Quickly, hurry!" Tom says to me. I run to the bottle and pour it in a cup, hands shaking. I give Tom the yellow tonic and see Hollie calm down as she drinks it.

A letter appears through the window, stamped with the picture of a skull. Holly quivers as it touches the floor. Her eyes close as she falls to the floor.

'We know who you really are; what you really are; we can expose you; we will expose you. How awful for you. Some of you talked with me, some of you have seen me but none of you truly know me. Two of you I knew. But what I wouldn't give to destroy you. Try and stop me if you can. Good luck. You have 14 days to figure out who I am or I'll come hunting.'

"Tom...TOM! What does it mean?" Trinity asks.

"Exactly what it says. We have 14 days or this person will hunt us and take us down one by one. We have no idea what we are up against but we do know one thing... The writer is a she." Zach announces.

"Zach, how do you know this?" I yell at him.

"It's really simple. One: barely any threats, two: the handwriting and three: two of you I knew. Me and everyone else in here except you and Trinity haven't been around humans for the past 2-3 years. I guess you hung around with girls?" Zach raises his eyebrows.

"That settles it then, the only way we can solve this is simple. We must go back to the school. We have no choice."

"How? Me and James died in school and you guys are too old to attend school."

"Not too old to be teachers." Tom points it. "And as for you too, you'll be going by different names."

"Wait? What about Josh?" I step forward to ask. Zach rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"Well Josh will have to go back to school with you since you and Trinity were friends with him to begin with."

"Well actually when Keyz and I were back at school. These guys were dating..." Trinity explains.

"To make sure no one suspects anything. You two much go back to dating, just whilst you are at school."

"No!" Zach yells in frustration.

"Look at me. You and James do not know who Trinity and Keyz are at high school. We must keep it like that to begin with otherwise it would jeopardise the whole operation."

"But we must have some classes together to be able to 'make friends with them' because otherwise it's just going to be too hard not talking to any of them." Trinity held on to James with a sigh.

"We can make some clubs where we all get to attend to share out information we have found out. There you can be normal for that time. Some clubs others will have to come into and that's how you all will meet."

"But what about time tables and our identification cards?" I ask. Tom looks at me surprised. He realises what I mean.

"Consider them already taken care off." In front of them were cards with their names, dates of birth, picture and school written on them. "Here are your subjects." Tom hands them out to us all.

'Keeley Thorne: English, Express Maths, Science (Double), P.E Gcse, Dance, Music, Health and Social Care, Child Development.'

I smile happily. "These are all the subjects I was taking before...I died." Tom nodded. "I need to finish your Gcse's, thank you Tom." I smile at him. "Trinity what did you get?"

'Trinity Thorne: English, A Level Maths, A level Biology, P.E, A Level Physiology and Anatomy, A Level Medical Technology, Health and Social Care, History'

Trinity shows it to me and I smile. "This is what you wanted to do anyway." She nods.

"Your school starts in the morning so get some sleep." Tom rolls his eyes annoyed.

We all depart to our rooms where in the morning our lives will be changed forever...