chapter 17

Trinity

Today is April the sixth. My birthday, Today I am seventeen. Same age as James and Zach. Keyz's birthday is tomorrow. She's been missing for four months today. Four months ago, we went looking for her. We found a trail of blood. Her blood. Over the past weeks, we have searched for her day and night. We found nothing. No sign of her. She can be hurt or worse, she could be... No, I will not finish that thought. She couldn't be. I hear a knock on my door. But I care not to answer. The door opens. He stares at me with his beautiful blue eyes with a spider-web of dark blue in them. He comes in and sits on my bed. "Happy birthday." I smiles. James holds out a small box in his hand and passes it to me. I grab him and hug him.

"You didn't have to get me anything you know. I already have what I want." I state.

"Shh, just open it." I grab the bow and slowly unravel the gift. It is a small white box. I open the box to see a beautiful, stunning necklace. In the centre of the necklace is a diamond in the colours of purple and sliver. It has an unusual figure but to me it is perfect. It brings tears to my eyes. My boyfriend looks at me rather worried. "Is it okay? I know that we haven't been together for a long time but all I know now is that I don't want to live without you." I don't even know what to say. All I know is that I need him. Without him, I'd be in darkness. I place the necklace around my neck. I place my arms around his neck and look into his eyes. Look at his markings, he is like a made up dream but real, so real.

"It's perfect James." I draw him down and kiss him. I take him in. The taste of him, it's like a juicy strawberry dipped in rich chocolate, completely irresistible.

I can never be happier. But then Zach has to open the door and chuck a pillow at me. "Happy birthday." He smiles at me. This is the first time I have actually seen him smile in months and it feels good. He gives me a hug and a kiss on the forehead. Zach and James brings me outside to see a present right outside the door. I look at both of them. They shrug. I grab the present to see who sent it. Oh lord. I drop the present as my tears flow out of my eyes. Sobs escape me. She's alive. She's alive. Oh thank you. Zach runs indoors and leaves me and James outside.

"We will find her babe, we will." James holds me as I cry my heart out.

Nightfall comes earlier than usual. Me and James sit on the hammock. Entwining our fingers together. I listen to the steady beat of his heart as we hope Keyz would come back again. A rustle of leaves brought to my attention. Then a twig snapped. I got off the hammock with James. I am ready. She comes out behind the tree with that grin on her face and holds out her arms. I run and hug her tight. "Keyz, you're okay!" She smiles and nods into the shadows.

Josh comes out and winks at me. He hugs Keyz and says "Yeah, we're okay." I look at the both of them. No, no, no and no. They're together, What about Zach? James looks very annoyed but Josh ignores him and asks me "Did you like your birthday present?" I did like it. It's a set of coordinates telling me where they are and a message. Telling me that they're alive.

"Yes I did..." But before I could finish, the caravan behind us is shaking about.

Keyz looks pale. "We have to go. Don't follow us please." She begs and disappears with Josh into the forest. Zach comes out and he knows what just happened. He is dead pale.

I grab James' hand "Let's go." No questions are asked. We follow Keyz and Josh to where-ever they disappeared off too. We follow them to a nearby caravan. A boy with electric blue hair comes out the caravan. He looks in our direction and nods at James. James gets up and walks towards the man and hugs him. I recognise the man! It is the same guy who saved us. Tom.

"James, it's nice to see you again." James grins and nods. Tom nods at the sound of nothing. "Bring your Salmarti out, James." James holds out his hand to me and I take it. I am amazed he is alive. "Yes, I am alive, Trinity. I know this will confuse you but I can read your thoughts, it is indeed my gift. I will answer your question later." Zach steps out of the forest, with tears streaming down his face. Tom grins and runs into Zach giving him a manly hug. Patting on the back and everything, I couldn't help but roll my eyes. "Nice to see you again brother." Brother? They are grinning but Keyz comes out the caravan with Josh and four other people. Zach sees Keyz and his face pales.

Keyz face is bright red with anger. "What the hell are you doing here?"

"We followed you..." I am stopped in my tracks because Keyz pushes me straight into Zach and Tom.

"How dare you follow me! How dare you!" She pushes me again. I slap her across the face.

"How dare I? You were gone for four months! Four months! We've been in agony!" Keyz pushes me on the ground and pulls my hair. I punch her in the stomach. She screams in pain. I kick her once or twice just to get it into her head. She wipes the blood from her lips and walks over to Josh.

"Well now that that's over... Let's introduce you to the rest of us. This is Tobias. His gift is to speed the movement of objects up. " Tobias steps forward and waves Hi. He has short black hair and black eyes. He seems to very secretive "This is Jake. He has the gift to remove people's senses." Tom says. Jake steps forward and smiles: he has bright yellow eyes and black floppy hair that covers his eyes. He flicks it to the side. Jake nods at me and glares at Josh. He knows he's a demon. "And last but not least Charli, her gift is that she can change the mood of someone in the same room as her." Her short blonde hair is cut to her jawline. She has pale grey eyes. "These are all Dragon whisperers." I wave at them all. They wave back looking quite happy.

"Yes there are more people our age!" Jake says then laughs. I join in with everyone else except Keyz and Josh. They don't laugh.

"Join us. We're having a fun and games night. Don't go so soon." Charli said. She's grinning.

I look at James and Zach, They are grinning and they both said "Hell, yeah!" Maybe it will be fun.