Chapter 9

Written by my Co-worker Keeley

Keyz

Well today is going to be long. All of us are all here and there is no going anywhere. "Today we are going to do some dummy and target training." Target training! This will be fun. Then Tom smiles at me. Why does he read everyone's mind? He is reading mine so he can see who I choose? Probably knowing him. On the way down to the training area, my mind keeps going on about whom I will pick. Josh is my childhood. He has always been there for me. He is really sweet. I love his personality. I love him. Josh is walking next to me on my left. He smiles at me. But Zach. Zach is funny and sweet. He has been there for me since I turned into a spirit hunter. I love his cocky smile. I love his personality. I love him too. But I can't pick both of them. Zach is on my right. We finally get to the destination.

This is going to be so much fun! We all go into two teams. Trinity, James and Holly. Me, Josh, Zach and Tom. Tom is talking to the other team then comes back. "Today you are going to be using your weapons or powers on the targets or dummies. I will go first." So Tom picks up the nearest weapon, which is a small pistol, and fires it at the target. He got the second ring in. Pretty impressive. Then he shoots again at the dummy and gets it straight in the heart that is drawn on the chest. The bullet bounces off and lands on the floor in front of us. "Josh you are next." I look at Josh and give him a smile of reinsurance. But he did want to do it. Probably to prove them wrong. He picks up two spears up and throws them at the target and dummy. He hit the target but only on the outside of the dummy's head.

Tom and Zach are laughing so I nudge them and give them the look. Then suddenly Josh picks up another two and throws them. He hits the centre of the target and the dummies heart. I smile at him and give him a hug. "Zach's turn." Zach touches the nearest metal and runs towards the target. He runs head first and smashes straight through it causing it to break. My mouth must have fallen open because Tom closes it and grins at me. Then Tom says, "Thank you Zach, that's enough. Don't want to embarrass Josh here." He annoys me so much.

"Leave him alone," I frown, stepping forward.

"Keyz your turn," So I step forward but Tom pulls me back and says, "Show us what you are made off. Maybe you might do better than Zach." Then he walks ahead and brings some more dummies on the field. They aren't normal dummies; they are like the ones Trinity used when we discovered our powers. They move and react to fighting. They fight back. "Off you go. If you want, you can take a sword." He teased me. But I step forward and think about my shields. I first attack the dummy on the left. I kick it in the face then use my shield and squeeze it until it crumbled into pieces. I could hear Josh and Zach cheering. "The last dummy, you will have to use your electricity." Tom yells. So I go to the next dummy and repeat what I did to the last. That leaves one more. That meant I have to use my electricity. I close my eyes and smile. I open my eyes and raise my hands and thought of electricity but it wasn't working. I start to panic but it wasn't helping. I try again and again until I finally reach me and punch me straight in the nose. I fall back on my butt. I yelp in agony. I moved my hand and I am bleeding. The dummy kicks me again in the stomach. I feel hands grab me up. It is Josh.

I turn to see Zach kicking the dummy. "Oh, so you can't do it." Zach confirms

"Shut up!" I think he is teasing me but turns out he isn't.

"Look I'm not teasing or winding you up. I actually don't know why you can't do it." Zach offers me a tissue. So I hold it to my nose. We all start to watch the other team. It is silent. As I look at Trinity and James, I realise they have a new mark. I never noticed it before. You get that when you...complete the change. Joy fills me. But their marks were lighter than mine. Not the same colour either... Does that mean...

"Unfortunately, yes it does mean you haven't completed the change. You need your Salmarti. Wait... That is why our gift isn't working; you need to find your Salmarti!" I am so confused. Salmarti?

"Salmarti?" I question

"Soul mates, everyone has one." Zach explains. He winks at me. I couldn't help but giggle.

I walk up to Trinity and grab her face. She looks confused. Her marks are light blue and are bubbles. Bubbles are made from soap and water. Maybe her gift is water. "Is your gift water?" I ask her.

"I don't know, maybe it is. Do you think we have water as our gift?" We? James! They have the same gift.

"You two have the same gift. Isn't it very rare?" Very rare indeed.

"Why don't you try it out?" Asks Josh. So they steps forward. They are holding hands. They close their hands and lift their arms. A moment later, a Bubble of water appears round the dummy.

"Wow! That is so cool!" I yell. They open their eyes and Trinity squeezes James hand. They look so happy together.

Zach and Tom walk over to congratulate them. Me and Josh stand there to give them some space. "You know if you chose me we could be that happy," Oh god he is starting! "I am so much better than Zach, I can treat you right. That cocky arse probably doesn't know how to," Then he tries to kiss me. I push him back.

"Excuse me, but you don't talk about people behind their back. Secondly, I will make my mind up when I'm ready!" I feel everyone looking at us.

"Sorry, but we can much happier than you and Zach. Chose me..." Really he had to choose now to argue!

"I just found out that I've not changed and I could be sent to hell! Trinity and James have just found out they have a water power and you are choosing now to persuade me to choose you!" I push him, hard. "Well I'm not choosing now! So don't start!" Then out of nowhere an electric spark out of my hand and hits Josh. Oh my god! My power. It works. But it is tiny!

"Anger, sadness, revenge! To use your power you need to think horrible thoughts!" James proclaims loudly.

"You need your Salmarti too. You just need to find him." Tom adds. Holly steps forward and speaks, "You have already found him," she says while gripping my hand. Then frowns.

"But...but..." Holly says

"But what?" I ask, getting confused.

"In your future there are two options, one life full of adventure, travelling the world to fight demons with Josh. And the other is staying here with your friends with Zach." I understand. She speaks of decisions last time.

"This is the decision you are speaking about in my past! But... This decision makes me die..." I say, gradually getting quieter.

"Yes, you must decide." she speaks again. So we walk home. I have to decide. But it's a tough one.