chapter 14

Zach

"Keyz!" I scream. Where is she? How can she just run off? Now Josh is gone. I run through the forest. My heart is pounding against my chest. It feels like it is going to burst. In the distance, I see two shadows. Keyz! I run towards them. But when I get there, they're gone. I rub my head and continue backwards. I hear a rustle of a leave. I run to see what it was about but I think I better look in a different place.

I run around. Come on, I have to find her. I must. A scream pierces my ears. It's Keyz, she's in trouble. I run towards the spot to see Keyz and Josh kissing. I freeze and stand still. Why is she kissing him? Shortly after, they draw back. Keyz is smiling. But then her face stands still when she sees the girl waiting around in front of her. Her leg is spilling out blood. Her face pale. She has long black hair with brown eyes. "Chelsea, come on... We have to get out of here." The girl –Chelsea- looks really annoyed.

"Key or Keyz, whatever you name is, I can't stand because of the bite. Get me up!" Keyz and josh grab her by the arms and lift her up. "Take me home." She nods. She turns around and sees me. Her face drops in sadness. She mouths to me. Sorry. Then they turn and run into the forest. I want to go after them but I heard a high pitched shrill scream. Trinity. I run back to the caravan to see trinity on the floor with James in tears.

*

Trinity

Zach runs off with Josh leaving me and James. He comes behind me and places his arms around me. He places a soft kiss against my neck. I just melt. I lean back into him. But then, I feel a stabbing pain go straight through me. James drops me and I fall to the ground. My heart pounding, faster and faster, louder and louder. I scream. James comes down and sees my face. "Trinity, your marks are glowing! This is the change. You can make it. You can!" He holds me in his arms. The bone in my back snaps in half. I scream again. The pain is too much to bear. One by one they snap. Moving out of place, reforming. The pain is excruciating.

Zach comes rushing through; James tells Zach what's going on. But I interrupt with a scream. It is so painful. I can't breathe. The pain fills my head. I want to die. Tears shed from my eyes as I dig my nails into the ground. I close my eyes trying to hide from the pain but it won't work. Please. Just make this end. But I remember James. The way he holds me. The way he is screaming my name. I couldn't die. I must hold on for him and him only! I fight the pain. I try to control it, shape it, alter it and change it. I will make it. I must. Zach and James lift me up. God, please help me. They place me on the table. Blood pours down my arms as my body changes. James hisses. "James, what's wrong?" Zach demands. I can see him through my blood filled eyes.

"She's not the only one going through the change. Hers is just a lot more painful than mine." He mumbles through grit teeth. I reach my hand out and James takes it. "Come on Trinity, Hold on." Blood pours out of mouth. My muscles twisting and pulling. Please let it end, please. But then darkness with is sharp claws grabs a hold of me and drag me down to the depths of shadows...

I wake up in the dark. I see a light in the distance and shadows in the other. I start to walk closer to the light. My pain lessening. NO! Trinity, don't go! NO! Please wake up! Wake up! I hear a faint cry in the darkness. James... screaming my name. I know now that if I keep moving closer towards the light. I die... I run into the darkness trying to find my way back. I search and search. Two little wisps appear in front of me. Trinity, run-run back to your James otherwise it will be too late. I run and run until the pain shoots through me and I fade into the darkness once more.

I try and open my eyes. But my eyes won't open. Am I dead? I rip them open and think I hear the pealing of skin. I wake to see Zach and James over me. "James..." I croak.

James' eyes glistening with tears, he gently kisses my lips and says "Shh, it's okay, you did it." I smile and let James and Zach help me up. I look at James to see new markings on the side of his face. His markings are turquoise with a blue outline; bubbles start from the corner of his eye and go bigger the more they went out. They are beautiful. I trace the largest circle and James smiles. "Look at yours." He turns me around in the mirror for me to let me see mine.

Mine are exactly the same. The same turquoise circles shimmering in the light. I am so happy. "Does that mean we have both been gifted?" I ask James. I hope I was right.

"Yes, it does but also it means we are as one..." He look at me anxiously as if I am supposed to be freaking out and as if I am supposed to have ran away by now but I'm not. I step into his arms.

"I'm glad we are as one." I feel him relax. I must have been out for an hour or so. I ask "How long was I out for?"

James chuckled. "You were out for three days." Three days, Wow. Zach looks happy for us but really he is hiding his sorrow underneath it. I walk over to him and grab his hand. He looks down at me and smiles weakly.

"Don't worry Zach, we will find her." I confirm. He squeezes my hand and nods. We will find her if it kills us.