chapter 15

Keyz

God I can't believe Chelsea is here. Why is she in the forest? What the hell is she doing here? Her blood dripping on the ground, leaving a trail. I look back to see Josh mixing in the blood with leaves and dirt to hide where we are going. Josh looks up and smiles at me. I smile back. Are me and Josh together...? I feel so happy but then why do I feel like it's a mistake. We see a caravan in the distance. "Help!" I scream. I hope someone's there. I look up and see a man standing over us and smiling. He has markings that swirled on his left arm. He's like us!

His hair is electric blue, standing up on his head. His eyes are yellow with pupils like cats eyes with the hint of sliver. He looks familiar... He is the guy who saved us! "Yes, I did save you. I'm Tom. Your name is Keyz and your power is shields and ...Hmm interesting. You have a demon power from the demon that possessed you. Electricity... Can you tell your mind to stop screaming? Please." He begs me so I calm myself down and slowly see him relax. "I'm guessing you want to know how I know about that. My gift is to read minds. I can hear all demons, mundane, everyone's thoughts if that is what I wish." I nod and his eyes drift to Chelsea then to josh behind me. "Let's get her inside, I have the medicine to heal her but once it's healed, she cannot stay." He takes her from me and carries her into the caravan. He returns shortly after. Josh comes next to me and Tom's pupil quickly shrunk. Next thing I know Tom is choking Josh to death.

"Stop." I yell, Tom fixes his eyes on mine.

"You brought a Demon with you. He needs to die..." Josh looks really scared but then Tom's face twitches and freezes. Thirty seconds later, Tom is shaking his head mumbling to himself. It can't happen. How is it possible? I am confused but he gets off Josh. "You can stay here with us if that is what you wish to do. We have 7 bedrooms. More than enough room." He waits for an answer soon three people come out of the caravan. These people have different markings. Tom grins and says "These are Dragon whisperers, like us but they don't hunt demons. They hunt for dragons to set them free. This is Tobias. His gift is to speed the movement of objects up. " Tobias steps forward and waves 'Hi'. He has short brown hair and black eyes. His markings are red swirls that spiral into a tunnel. "This is Jake. He has the gift to remove people's senses. He was bad dragon whisperer but has changed too good for good." Tom says smoothly. Jake steps forward and smiles. He has pale yellow eyes and black floppy hair that covers his eyes. He flicks it to the side. His markings are black swirls that join to make a spiral. "And last but not least Charli, her gift is that she can change the mood of someone in the same room as her." Her short blonde hair is cut to her jawline. She has pale grey eyes. Her red marks are a love heart with a peace symbol through it and with red swirls around it. All their pupils are red and have hints of red in the irises. She runs up to me and hugs me. I am a little taken back.

"Yay, we have a girl my age around here. Finally." She smiles.

She steps back and I say, "I'm not exactly your age; I'm 15, sixteen in 4 months."

Then everyone goes silent. Did I say something wrong? But Jake comes up to me, flicking his hair to the side, again. He says "Welcome ..." he waits for me to say my name. "Keyz." I announce proudly. He grins and greets "Welcome Keyz and P.s don't worry about Tobias he doesn't like to get close to new people." Tobias sends him the middle finger. Jake just grins. "So how did you become like who you are now?" He asks. I explain to him about Grandma, the hospital and about the caravan few blocks back. He nods along and looks really interested in what I am saying. "Well Keyz I think we're going to be great friends. Who's he?" He pauses and hisses. I turn around to see tom standing in front of Josh with Tobias and Charli trying to kill him.

"Stop, I want to be good. Please. You accept Jake and he's bad. I mean was but now good, that's what I'm trying to do, please." He begs them. Jake hisses at him and practically spits at him.

"I'm not a Demon! I don't kill anyone!" Then his pupils of his eyes of his eyes become huge as he concentrates on Josh. Josh screams and covers his ears. He collapses on the ground screaming. Tom grabs Jake and pulls him away. Josh starts to whimper. So that's how Jakes power works.

Tom says to Jake "Jake stop. I know what he is but look at him. You know I would do anything to keep you guys safe but the boy won't hurt you. Will he?"

I reply with "No he won't. I have known him all my life; he wouldn't do such a thing. Please Jake, don't hurt him." Jake looks at me in disbelief and back at Josh

"Fine, I'll be alright with him, But if he tries to hurt any of us. It's on you Keyz." I nod and run over to Josh.

"Josh, are you okay?" I ask him. He nods and stands up. He flinches as I grab his arm but I hold on to it and lift him up. He looks at me. Tom and all the rest have gone inside and leave us too alone. "Josh, this is where we're going to stay."

Josh looks worried. "What about Zach?" He said. Zach... Josh didn't know something. I still love Zach but I love Josh too. But for Josh I can try to bury that.

"Josh, I love you, okay?" He smiles and kisses me. All the memory of Zach disappears. Josh's touch makes me forget. He draws back and gently gives me a quick kiss.

"I love you too, I'm glad this is going to be our home." We walk into the Caravan ready to forget about James, Zach and Trinity. Trinity! I can't forget her but I can't go back. I guess I'm never going to see her again...