Chapter 9

This chapter was mainly written by Keeley but i wrote a part at the end

Keyz

As I wake up, then first thing that pops into my head is Zach. Zach, and that kiss. It was amazing, but was it the right thing to do? I get up and go into the living room to see everyone already awake. Why am I always last to get up? But I wasn't yesterday. The first thing I do is brush my hair, but I can't do it because as soon as I pick the brush up, Trinity needs to speak to me. She drags me into the bathroom. "So enjoy your dance?" She winked at me. "How did you know about it?" I am so confused. "We saw you!"

Did she see the kiss! "Did you see anything else?" I ask.

"No, but you're going to tell me!" she screams.

"Not until I've gotten ready." I leave the bathroom.

If it isn't for James saying "Hey come and see what I've made," then I would have been dragged in the bathroom again. Me and Trinity walk over then Zach joins us. As we stop our hands touching but when I look at him, he didn't even look bothered. How can he not say something? After everything that happened last night. He doesn't even look at me. "I've made a demon detector on my watch and when there is a demon a red dot appears." James explains because we all had question marks on our faces.

"Awesome..." Zach just walked off.

"I think its brilliant James!" Trinity announced.

"Me too." I justified.

Then I walked off. I am going to brush my teeth when Zach touches my arm so I turn around. "Hey." he says while messing with his hair "I brought you a top that you can wear." He hands me the top.

"Thanks and thanks for the awesome night last night, with the tales and dancing and everything."

"You're welcome..." He croaked before he walked off. So I get changed, do my hair and go into the living room and sit next to James.

"So can I have another look at your watch?" I ask. He nods then gives the watch to me.

"Is it a massive red dot when a demon is nearby?"

"Yes." He replied.

"With a yellow dot in the middle?"

"Yes how did you know that?" he asks.

I reply with "I guess we got ourselves a battle!"

As we are finding the demon, we started to talk about last night. "Did you guys enjoy last night?" James asks, grinning at Trinity.

Trinity is first to answer, "Yes. It was wonderful!" I laugh because I knew she was going to say that! "What about you Zach?" Trinity raises her eyebrows.

Zach's grinning, "Yep, best night ever!" winking at me.

As we get closer, James's watch starts to beep and things get scarier. I see that James and Trinity are holding hands probably without even knowing about it. I want Zach to slide his fingers through mine but never did. I want him next to me but he never comes. As we walk closer the boys stop us and say "You stay here, we will have a quick look forward, Trinity listens to James but I wasn't going to, no way.

"How about, you stay here and we have a look forward?" I suggest, sarcastically. Zach smiles at me, so I grab Trinity and walk in front of them.

While we pass I hear James say Trinity "Be careful."

Then Zach said, "We have got your backs."

Then as we look around, I hear Trinity gasp. So I turn to face where she is facing. It is the Demon that killed me, Trinity and Grandma. I stand forward. "This time, you're not gonna kill anyone!"

The boys try to pass us. Trinity whispers "We are doing this alone," Then nods sat me. So I raise my arms and put a shield around them, mouthing sorry and Zach looks angry but understanding at the same time, James studies Trinity. So I turn around and Trinity yells, "Shield him!" I did but I didn't think I could last for ages. "Get a plan and hurry! I won't be able to hold it for long!" Then she tells me her plan and we start to pay our revenge!

Just as we start for our plan, I hear something behind me. I think it sounds bigger than a rabbit or deer, it sounds like another demon, so I turn to see if there is anything there. But there isn't. I definitely hear something. I hear a something that sounds like a laugh. Then I think I see beading eyes watching my every movement. As I turn back, I realise that my shields are down and my eyes found Trinity lying on the floor with the demon sinking its teeth into her. She's screaming. It bites deep causing more blood to flow, chomping on her skin. I run towards them but stop as the demon pulls Trinity using his bite. If I move closer it would risk her arm being pulled off. It pulls its teeth away. The teeth change, adapt to fangs. It plunges its teeth in further. That's why it's called snake. The Demon hisses at us and flies into the air. Blood pours from her wound, her skin pales to blue and her body limp. I run over and she doesn't move. Tears fall from my eyes. Then James is next to me, tear tracks on his cheek. He lifts her, running inside. All I could think of is that I kill my best friend - again. Then I hear footsteps beside me and it is Zach. I feel a warm hand on my back and then he pulls me on his lap, he soothes me. He kisses me on the head and tells me, "Everything will be okay."

"Trinity! We need to see her!" I yell I get up and held Zach's hand tight.

But before we walk into the caravan Zach hugs me tight "No matter how bad it is, it's not your fault." But it is and no matter what anyone said. It will always be my fault.