chapter 18

Keyz

God, She just has to follow us, didn't she? She just couldn't leave it alone. We sit around the campfire. We all sit in a circle. I sit next to Josh and Trinity. Trinity sits next to James with Zach next to him. Tom sits next to his wife Holly with Charli at her side. Charli sits next to Jake with Tobias near him. The seat next to Josh was clear. I grab his hand and squeeze. We all have marshmallows roasting on the campfire. Let the truth and dare game begin.

Trinity is the first to get asked. "Truth." She says and waits for it. Jake smirks deciding to go for the most embarrassing truth ever.

"Are you a virgin?" Everyone stares at Trinity and she goes bright red.

"Yes... I am." James grins and Zach decides to whisper under his breath 'not for long'. Everyone laughs.

Then it is James go. "Dare." I laugh. James is the last one I thought would pick dare. I thought of the best dare for James.

I shout out "Kiss Trinity." But at the exact same time, Zach shouts it out as well. I look at Josh and he is sad. So James looks at Trinity and kisses her.

After five minutes, we break them up. They look a little too cosy. I laugh. Next, it is Zach's turn. "Dare," He chooses. Everyone waits. I already hate Tom but now I am furious with him.

"Kiss Keyz." Everyone fell silent. Zach comes around the fire and walks towards me. I stand up; I can't bear to look at Josh. He whispers in my ear. Remember this. He draws his lips down to mine and gently kisses me. It brings all the memories of him and me. I miss this so much. But then he draws back, looks at me and sits back down in his seat.

"Truth." Tom says to no one in particular. He locks eyes with Trinity, No one says anything but then he announces "Good question Trinity, I made you believe I was dead not just for my safety but yours too. I created that wound to disable me but not to kill me. I had to get you to safety but you wouldn't leave. So I pretended to die. It was the only way I assure you. When the demon left I healed the wound and left. I only knew that you survived because you came to me in person with the girl. Chelsea." Trinity gasps in shock. She doesn't know about Chelsea. Holly is next; she already knows what question we were all going to ask.

"My gift is that I can see into peoples past and future but only a couple of months into the future." Now it makes sense.

Next is Charli, She gets dared to eat a burnt marshmallow. To be honest it looks revolting. She gets it all in at once. She then licks her lips. "Yum," We all laugh.

Next is Jake, "Dare," That is obvious.

"I dare you to hump Tobias." I say. Everyone sniggers. It is so funny.

When that is finally over, it is Tobias' turn. "Dare." He says. It was the first time I have ever heard him speak.

"You have to sociable for the next forty-eight hours." Tobias looks annoyed at that but nods. Then it is josh's turn. He picked dare but no one gave him one. I hold Josh's hand and smiled at him. I looked at Zach. His jaw is clenched. Did I just see a hint of jealousy? Tom looks at me and defines the question before I even say truth or dare. "Who do you love more? Zach or Josh?"

I am so furious with tom. I stand up and yell "You bastard!" I run into the caravan. The caravan door opens. Tom comes in, I go to slap him but he catches my hand.

"Don't you think I know? I know you love Zach not Josh. But you're too love drunk to see it. Stop playing my brother around. He's starting to give up, don't mess up that one shot you have." He lets go of me and goes back to the others.

Zach comes rushing into the caravan. "Don't..." I whisper because I know what will happen. I love josh.

"Don't what? Don't tell you that I still love you. Don't tell me you didn't feel what I felt because I know you did. This isn't something we both can ignore." I go to object but then he kisses me gently. I miss this so much. Maybe Tom is right. Zach goes to deepen the kiss.

Josh walks in. He is pale with bloodshot eyes. "Keyz, Tom wants you." His voice broke.

I walk outside to see Tom and Trinity deep into conversation. "Really? Are you being serious?" Trinity's face bright red with astonishment.

"What?" I ask. Tom, Zach, James and Trinity sit down to explain to me what they were talking about before I came along.

"Keyz, me, you, Zach and James all went to the same pre-school." Trinity explains. I shake my head.

"We couldn't have." I say. Tom smiles and explains in more detail.

"When you were about four years old, you and Trinity came to a Spirit hunter school. We used to tell you what we did and tell you what you will do later in life. For the first 6 years, it was a more getting to know each other, trusting each other, bonding. You guys have known each other since you were four years of age. I know this because I was your tutor: Yours, Trinity's, James' and Zach's. But then when we started the talks and the lessons, your parents took you both out of school and out of our lives till now." Tom finishes, leaving me dazed. So we all knew each other then. So I've basically known Zach all my life...