Together

*Aj's pov*

After Ellie when to my room once she was done with her breakfast, Niko came to me asking to go with him to the cinema room for a second.
"Is there anything between you and Ellie?" he asked while closing the door. "No, not really, no." I answered quite unsure. "Oh, good then, because we might get back together." Niko smirked. His words made my blood boil. "What do you mean?" I tried to sound careless, but of course I failed. "Yesterday all of a sudden when everyone was asleep she came to my room." I felt like the air left my lungs. "And I was like 'what are you doing here? I have girlfriend I can't' and stuff like that, but she begged me for one last time and I couldn't say no. I mean who could? So you know we did it and we might get back together. Also, now that I know that there is nothing between you two with Ellie there's no problem, right?" I could barely hold back from punching Niko in the face. "Oh, really? Good for you man." I smiled as friendly as I could at the moment.

*Ellie's pov*

Once I was done with my breakfast I made my way to Aj's room. I opened the window and lit a cigarette. I really needed it right now. After few minutes Aj walked in and he came up to me with angry steps. Without saying a word he snatched the cigarette out of my hand and threw it out of the window "Hey, I was smoking that." I said annoyed. Sure, he didn't want me to smoke but why waist a hole cigarette? "Go smoke somewhere else!" he was clearly mad at me for something and that something wasn't my lovely smoking. I was almost completely sure about that. "I'm sorry Aj." I apologised, but he just ignored me. Aj laid down on his bed and got on his phone. "Is this attitude really only because of one cig?" I sat down next to him, he continued ignoring me. "Come on Aj." I tried to hold his hand but he pulled his hand away quickly before I could. "At least tell me what I did to upset you?" he finally looked at me "Don't act dumb, Ellie." he muttered "I don't." I said in my defence "Oh, really? I think you know so well what you did." I looked him in the eye and I saw disgust. "Give me a hint?" I smiled trying to break his guard "Where  were you actually last night?" he said angrily "What?" I couldn't understand him at first, but then the light in my head lit up. How did he know that I was in Niko's room? Surely, Niko had told him. "Still playing dumb, ain't we?" he sighed and opened his phone again "Look, I don't know what Niko had told you, but I'm sure it ain't true." he ignored me which made me angry now "At least look at me when I'm talking to you." I snatched the phone out of his hand. "So you didn't beg him for one last time?" Aj asked and I couldn't believe my ears "No." I said like it wasn't obvious "Don't lie to me." he shook his head "I'm not lying." I said but he didn't seem like he believed me. "Niko was the one who begged me to come to his room and I know it was a mistake to go in there, but believe me nothing happened between us. I told him I couldn't do it because of Sophie and because of... because of you Aj." I stuttered at the end. "Oh, I'm sorry that I got in your way." he said sarcastically and still so angrily "Aj, I couldn't do it because it's not him that I love, it's you." I was holding back my tears at this point "Hah, you love me?" he laughed ironically "Prove it then because I don't seem to believe you anymore." now that hurt. I was so afraid of losing Aj and I might just lost him. Losing someone's trust is basically loosing them forever. "You want proof? Okay then." I grabbed the trash can and put it in front of his bed then I got my cigarettes box and without a second thought I started destroying the cigs one by one. If this doesn't prove to Aj that I love him nothing will. He knew how much I loved smoking, he knew that smoking was like therapy to me. And now I'm quiting only because of him. He should know how important he is to me. "Wow, you must actually love me." he said in disbelieve. "I told you so." I laughed "I'm sorry Aj, I'm really sorry. I will stop any interaction with Niko if you want me to." I said seriously now "No, there's no need for that. I know that you won't do something like that. I'm so stupid for believing that schmuck." he stood up and approached me "Are we okay now?" I asked and he nodded "One last thing, though." he said and my heart skipped a beat "Can I be your boyfriend, Ellie?" I was relieved when I heard the question. "Of course." I chuckled and hugged him.