✨27✨

Grace's pov

I woke up with my leg stinging so bad. I removed my covers and winced as the pain filled my entire leg, it was my right leg.

It was so painful to the point I couldn't move it, I grabbed my phone for Papa Colbys number. It rang a little bit before he answered.

"What's up, I'm down stairs you don't need to call." He said. "It's my leg it hurts so bad I d-don't know what to do." I said starting to sob.

"Aw it's ok baby I'm coming up, stay where you are." He said I nodded even though he can't see it.

It took papa around five minutes to come up. "You ok, let me have a look." He said coming up to my bed and looking at my leg with the bandage still on.

"Shit." He huffed out. "What?" I asked "it's green and your mattress has it all over, hunny I think it's infected. I'm going to get your father here he's in Cherishes room." He said then ran out leaving me speechless.

Not even a minute later they both came in. Father Sam came over and had a look being careful not to touch my leg.

"She needs to go to the hospital, right now!" Sam said abruptly. I look at them. "Am I going to be ok?" I asked "you'll be ok, we're gonna take you to the hospital and their gonna fix you right up."

Papa Colby said patting my head. Papa picked me up bridle style and he walked me down stairs. "Hey Devyn we need to take Grace somewhere so can you look after Cherish?" Father Sam asked as papa Colby and I got past her.

"Yeah sure no problem, is she ok?" That was the last thing we heard before I knew I was in the car laying down on the chair behind papa and father.

Father sam started the car and drove off. I cried out as he took the sharp turns.

I don't get it, how can it be infected, I cleaned it as much as I could. Did the bullet have something on it that caused my leg to be like this? It just doesn't make sense.

We got to the hospital and my parents were talking frantically I could hear much it was very muffled. I was being* put on a bed.

"Grace can you hear me?" Someone said. "Hmm" i hummed "I'm doctor Violet we're gonna get your let sorted." She said.

I nodded. We got to a room and she undid the bandage I cried out in pain and it got ripped up from the sticky pus.

"I know baby, I know." Sam said. "Ok...wow. I'm going to get a doctor in." She smiled small she ran off.

Why did she run? Why did she look so unsure? Question upon questions flew through, around, twisting, turning dancing around my head.

I looked at my parents worryingly as the doctor and nurse came in the room. "Right miss Grace I'm Nova, let's take a look." She said and she started feeling and looking at my lag. The touching made me cry so much to the point the pillow was wet.

"Parents can I, talk to you?" She asked Papa Colby and father Sam nodded and they went out. "What's going o-on?" I said shaking. "It will be alright." Was all she said.

Papa do,by  and Father sam came in the room father Sam's eyes were red papa Colby's were to but not as noticeable.

"Grace, you might not like this but. We're going to have to remove your right leg, your infection is to severe, we can't treat it."

My eyes widened, My heat sank, my hands shook, my lips where shaking, I didn't know what to do.

I was speechless.