Training

Lando slept outside that night and woke up early. He could never get sleep these days, he was too young to be this tired. He walked to the mess hall and saw all of the boys looking at him like they were trying to figure him out, which made Lando on edge. Lando was walking around looking for a place to sit before Armin called out " Lando, come sit with us."

Lando had never talked to him but he sat across from 3 of them, one was a girl with black hair like his named Mikasa, the other was Eren, and finally Armin.

"Why did you let him sit with us?" Mikasa asked.

"Because he doesn't have anywhere else to sit," Armin replied. "It's alright if he sits with us, right Eren?"

"Yeah, its fine and I wanted to ask him some questions," Eren replied

Lando started eating his food waiting for what Eren had to say, while Mikasa was looking at him like she was about to jump at him and attack him.

"You're from the Underground, right? What was it like." Eren asked.

The room got a little quieter after that was said like everyone was secretly listening to their conversation. Lando didn't like that.

"I am from the Underground, you were at the fall of Shiganshima right?" Lando asked.

"Yes we were," Eren replied with spite in his voice.

"Ok imagine that but people trying to kill each other, little food people are starving everywhere, and women whoring themselves to survive," Lando replied.

"How did you survive that place? Where you starving?" Armin asked.

"No quite the opposite, I thrived mostly down there," Lando replied.

"So you killed people huh?" Mikasa said.

Lando spat out what he was eating in surprise looking at her. Lando elected not to answer.

"Oh come on, this guy can't kill anyone, he is too short." Jean replied, listening in on their conversation.

Lando was irritated but chose not to reply.

"Can't you hear me short stuff? I said you can't kill anyone." Jean said, putting his hand on Lando's shoulder.

Lando stood up and swept Jean's legs causing him to fall with a thud, leaving Jean looking surprised.

Lando looked straight into Jean's eyes saying " You know I planned on not causing trouble, but you just kinda ruined my plan. You have lived your whole life in Trost living without much worry most likely. But down in the real world we are left with tough decisions, some we will never move past."

Jean stared at him with fear in his eyes before saying "You're not so tough." trying to be cool Lando guessed most likely.

"What Corps are you going to join anyway, MP's would never accept a rat like you," Jean said.

"Survey Corps," Lando responded, causing everyone to stare at him with shock except a few while Eren looked at him with admiration.

"I should've known, you and that suicidal maniac can go get eaten by Titans," Jean responded

"Who are you calling a maniac?!" Eren yelled back.

"Quiet Eren!" Lando demanded and Eren actually went quiet.

"Jean you're not going to join the MPs you're not worthy," Lando replied

"I am worthy!" Jean yelled back, hating to be looked down on.

"How could you be worthy?" Lando asked. " The MPs are killers all of them are, if you knew what MPs did in the Underground you wouldn't wanna join them, the leaders may change but the methods stay the same"