A Trip Down Memory Lane

Due to the military purge following the coup, a considerable amount of talent was lost from humanity's forces, but...the discovery of glowing ore in the underground cavern was one of the many things gained. Also with Eren's hardening ability, a certain anti-Titan weapon was born.

Lando watched from above the wall with the rest of Levi's squad including Hange, who were testing their new weapon. It worked with Eren hardening around the gate but left an opening big enough for a Titan to poke its head through and when they did a log would come crashing down killing it.

"A direct hit on the nape!" Hange said excitedly "This could be it...!"

Steam started to fly out of the Titan's nape.

"We did it!" Hange screamed. "That's a 12-meter, crushed!"

Eren fell to his knees.

"We did it!" he said.

"Hell yeah!" Hange said. "With this, we can kill Titans without a single soldier fighting! We'll hack down the Titans all day and night! Say hello to the executioner from hell! We did it, Eren!"

Lando looked over and saw Eren bleeding profusely from his nose and Levi helping him with his handkerchief.

"He probably overused his Titan abilities," Levi said. "All he's done is hardening experiments lately."

"Sorry Eren..." Hange said.

"There is nothing to apologize for, Hange.' Eren said. "Who gives a damn if I'm tired. Let's hurry...make weapons...and get going...to Shiganshina."

Levi looked at Eren for a second before conceding.

"Alright," Levi said. "Let's go."

Hange and Eren walked away from the wall while the rest of Levi's squad started to descend the wall, they successfully made it down.

"Lando," Levi said.

"Hm?" Lando asked.

"What do you think of the new trap?" Levi asked.

"What do I think?" Lando said. "Hm..."

Lando thought for a few seconds.

"I think there is too much room for error," Lando said. "Eren needs to only leave enough space for the Titan head to get through, if the Titan turns smarter or something they will be able to get through."

"Ok," Levi said.

"Why'd you ask?" Lando asked.

"Because we are going to discuss ways to improve that thing," Levi said.

"Another meeting?" Lando asked.

"Yeah," Levi said. "I'm still a member of the Scouts."

"I guess," Lando said.

"See ya later," Levi said ruffling Lando's hair.

"See ya," Lando said.

Levi left and Lando found he had nothing to do.

Lando roamed the streets for a while just to find nothing to do when he stumbled across a man dressed in a fancy suit trying to sell some drink that would cure your old age.

"With this simple drink, you will reverse time itself!" the man yelled out to the passersby. "You can look as if you are in your twenties!"

Next to the man was a homeless man, dirty, hungry, and lonely.

Lando sat down on a barrel across the street and drew the scene. It took hours to draw because Lando wanted this to be perfect.

By the time he was done, it was night and the salesman had just finished packing up while the homeless man sat there still. Lando got up as well and walked back to the barracks. It was dinner time so the rest of the Scouts were probably eating. Lando walked in there and got some food when Mikasa of all people called him over to their table.