Reiss Land

The remaining Scouts were making their way to the Reiss lands, Lando was in the back of a carriage with Hange, Levi, and Mikasa while Armin drove.

"Hange," Mikasa said. "You might know where they are?"

"Yeah, I'll explain," Hange said. "Erwin gave me this Scout investigation report regarding Lord Reiss' land. Most of it had to do with an incident five years ago that shook up the Reiss family."

"Let me guess," Lando said. "It was when Wall Maria was breached."

"You're spot on," Hange said. "On the day Wall Maria was breached. I'll summarize the important bits from the beginning. As the lord of his territory, popular opinion of Rod Reiss wasn't all that bad. He had five children, and his eldest daughter Frieda was a down-to-earth girl. That even the peasants adored. But that night five years ago, disaster struck. With the world having plunged into pure chaos some bandits raided and set fire to the only chapel around. Unfortunately, the entire Riess family was there praying together. And so, the whole family save for the head of the house, Rod Reiss ... .was massacred that night by the bandits."

"So the death of everyone in the Reiss house except for Historia and Rod was planned?" Lando asked.

"Exactly," Hange said. "And to top it all off, this incident occurred just a few days before Histoira's mother was killed by the interior police. In other words, immediately after losing his family, Rod Reiss sought out Histoira. There must be a reason he and his lackeys are after Historia."

"The same bloodline?" Levi asked. "Is there some secret to their blood?"

"I don't know for sure yet," Hange said. "But what really makes me curious is that part of the chapel was completely wrecked. The chapel itself was stone. It would take tons of time and effort to destroy it. Bandits would take what they can and make a quick escape. Plus the only one who saw those bandits was Rod Reiss himself. Soon after, he used his fortune to rebuild the chapel. But why?"

"About that chapel being destroyed part," Lando said. "What do you know that is big and can take down a chapel like that and will take little effort to pull off."

"Titans," Armin said.

"I thought that too," Hange said. "But there were no traces of Titans. Even if I'm jumping to conclusions, something this suspicious deserves us checking it out."

"If someone could somehow control Titans without the world knowing for so long they would have to have some way of erasing traces of Titans." Lando said.

"We won't know until we get there," Levi said.

"Remember before this night is over we'll have all the soldiers all over Reiss' land," Hange said. "Unfortunately, I doubt he'll be waiting that long. If we don't hurry and get there, Eren will be eaten."

"So if a human wants to transform into a Titan they would have to eat another Titan shifter?" Lando thought. "Then who did Eren eat?"

As they got closer to the chapel Levi was educating them on Kenny.

"Now do you understand?" Levi said. "He is Kenny The Ripper. If he's there it's his biggest obstacle. He even had another person working with him for about three years but that person disappeared about three years ago, that person could be down there so watch out."

Lando didn't say anything he couldn't, no matter how much he wanted to, it was Kenny's last order to him before he left he owed the man that much to follow them.

Levi was right that person would be down there just fighting against Kenny.

"In terms of how much of a threat he is, equate him to me as an enemy," Levi said. "No, with those weapons of his, he's deadlier than me. Think of him as Lando if he had a sniper while using ODM gear, that's how good of a shot he is."