On The Run

It had been a quiet couple of weeks since the scouts had gotten Eren back, Levi had to form a new squad and Lando got selected. Lando was actually pretty happy with this, he got to be with Levi a lot now. Lando had his cleaning gear on and was scrubbing underneath the table when Jean, Armin, and Sasha walked into the cabin.

"Hey!" Eren said. "Did you guys wipe the dust and dirt off your shoes before you came in?"

"Say what?" Jean said. "No, we didn't. Can't you see all the stuff we're carrying?"

Eren jogged over to Jean.

"Do you seriously think that attitude will satisfy Captain Levi? If I hadn't given you your sheets hospital corners this morning...." Eren said.

"Quit nagging!" Jean yelled. "Who are you, my mom?!"

"Ptsd..." Lando said with a sigh.

Armin giggled from across the room when they all heard the door open to the cabin.

Mikasa and Historia walked in carrying firewood.

"We're back," Mikasa said.

"Wait, were you just chopping firewood?" Armin asked.

"Gotta stay in shape," Mikasa said.

"You got grabbed by a Titan!" Armin said. "You should be in bed."

"I already have to deal with him not resting," Armin said looking at Lando.

"I'm mostly healed up now," Lando said. "And how could I sleep in this pig pen? You guys are filthy."

"I try to stop both of them, but they won't listen," Eren said, defeated. "I saw her doing sit ups earlier."

Jean seemed to take offense to that and made a sound.

"How dare you, peeping Tom!" Jean yelled.

Eren and Jean got into another argument while Armin warned the injured.

"Mikasa, Lando you both know you're not wild animals, right?" Armin said concerned.

"It's almost like we're back in the Cadet Corps," Sasha said with a smile.

"Why do you think we were chosen for the new Levi Squad, though?" Armin asked. "Protecting Eren and Historia is such an important mission... Lando and Mikasa are capable but...us?"

"Because we're talented I assume," Sasha said while stuffing a potato in her bag at the speed of light.

"Sasha..." Lando said. "What did you put in your bag?"

"Nothing bread-related," Sasha said.

"Why, you!" Jean said, walking over.

"Give it back," Conny said.

"Hey, focus! We gotta finish cleaning before the captain gets back!" Eren said.

As they were telling Sasha to give it back the door opened again. Lando reached for the nearest broom and started sweeping in a random spot as Levi walked in.

Nobody else seemed to notice but Eren, who was looking at Levi scared.

"How many times have you done this?" Conny asked.

"Our food reserves are precious," Armin said.

"Cut the crap, potato girl!" Jean said.

"What's with all the commotion?" Levi asked but no one heard him.

Levi walked over to the table and caught everyone's attention, he put his fingers under the table and brushed around no dust. Levi walked over to the other side of the table and did the same thing.