storm

Outside it was down pouring, the rain hitting the window so hard I swear the glass was going to break. Thunder rumbled and lightening lit up the sky every time it hit, making it look like it was midday instead of midnight.

Thunder crashed again and I jumped, looking out the window to see the sky illuminate momentarily. I hated storms, especially how unpredictable they were. Things could go from good to bad in an instant. Wind could knock trees down, trees can fall into houses, lightening can strike power lines and start fires.

Y/n
Are you awake?
*read 1:13 am*

Matt
Yeah

Why?

Y/n
This storm is really bad

Matt
Come in here

I wrapped the blanket around myself and stood up, shuffling my feet through the kitchen and to Matt's room where I quietly opened the door.

"You're still scared of storms?" Matt teased and I nodded my head, "Ridiculous. C'mon." He scooted over and made room for me.

"Can we turn the tv on?" I asked. I wanted something to drown out the sound of the chaos.

"Nope." He answered, "We're getting you over your fears. Storms aren't scary."

"Yes they are," I argued, "What if a tree gets struck by lightening, falls into a power line and lights your house on fire? What if—"

"Y/n," Matt chuckled, "Lay down." I complied and we laid facing one another, the blanket pulled up to our chins as we sat in silence.

Something about being in Matt's room instantly made me feel safer. Maybe it was because someone was with me, or maybe because I've always found his company a safe, secure place.

The rain got heavier and the thunder shook the whole house, causing me to tense and squeeze my eyes shut, "I fucking hate this." I groaned.

Matt's arm lazily rested on my waist, "It's alright." His body moved ever so slightly closer, "It's only supposed to last an hour or two."

I let out a deep breath and tried my best to relax, but now the storm wasn't the only thing making me anxious. Matt's arm on me caused my stomach to stir in the best way, "Thanks for being awake."

"I figured you'd text me," He admitted, "I was gonna stay awake until it passed." My heart melted. Whether he meant it in a friendly or romantic way, the thought of him staying awake to make sure I was okay was sweet.

I wasn't sure exactly how Matt felt about me. We obviously had a closer relationship than I did with his brothers, but we've never openly admitted anything. This also isn't the first time I've slept in his bed, but usually we have a bro barrier between us, so the close proximity was new.

"There's no way I'm gonna be able to relax enough to fall asleep," I turned onto my back and stared at the ceiling, his hand sliding from my side to my stomach as I twisted. I felt his thumb softly rub the fabric of my shirt, "I have too much to think about, plus the storm is terrifying."

"What's on your mind?" Matt asked. By the tone of his voice I could tell he genuinely cared, he always did, "We can talk about it if you want."

I took a deep breath. I needed to ask, I needed to know how he felt about me, "Do you ever, like—I don't know." I sighed.

"What?"

"Do you ever think of me as more than a friend?" I blurted out. I knew the longer I waited the harder it would be for me to speak, "And be honest."

Thunder clashed yet again and I tensed, bringing my arms around myself and closing my eyes. Matt inched his way closer again, now only an inch of distance was between us. I could feel the heat radiating off his body onto mine.

"Honestly," He paused to take a breath, "I do like you, like, more than what we are now. I just didn't wanna bring it up and have you not feel the same."

"So what now?" I asked. I've never had a real boyfriend before, only flings and situationships. I don't know where to go after admitting the feelings are mutual, "What happens next?"

"What do you want?" I turned to face him, not expecting our faces to be so close I could feel his breath.

"You." I said honestly. Even though it was pitch black in here, I could feel him shift and his lips move closer to mine. I closed my eyes, feeling them press to mine in a simple, but sweet kiss.

What better than to ruin the moment? Thunder going absolutely insane outside. It rumbled for what felt like forever, my head dipped down into Matt's chest and my eyes squeezed shut so harshly it hurt.

His fingers traveled up the back of my neck, combing through my hair. I let my body relax into him, my arm wrapping up and over his torso pulling him ever so slightly closer.

"I'm kind of glad there was a storm tonight." I said to him.

"Me too."

———

This isn't very good, but I haven't written in awhile and I'm getting back into my groove.

Do we want more fluff? Angst? Drama? Let me know!