protected

Matt being a badass protective boyfriend? Sign me up and take my damn money
———
TW: mentions of fighting and blood
———
I'm gonna always try to put TW when they're needed so let me know things that make you uncomfortable as a reader so I know for the future!
———

The music was flowing and I was having the best time dancing with my best friend, Ciara. Our hands were linked together as we jumped with adrenaline, shouting every word to each song that played. Tonight was her celebratory party for hitting one million on YouTube, a goal she never thought she would reach.

"I'm so proud of you!" I reminded her and she pulled me into a hug, "Here's to one million more!" We held our hands in the air and caught our breath.

"Yes!" We leaned back and smiled to ourselves like giddy children. The moment was interrupted by my phone vibrating in my pocket and I knew it was Matt by the custom vibration tone I set.

"Be right back!" I shouted over the music and conversation, holding a finger up at her as I walked away. Once I was outside, I answered, "Hey, babe."

"Hey, we're here. Where do we park?" I heard his brothers bickering in the background and plugged my opposite ear to drown the sound of the music echoing outside.

"If you turn right before her driveway, there's a secret little thing that goes to a side garage. Park there," I tried explaining it the best I could.

"Word. See you in a minute," He hung up the phone and I waited outside for their arrival. They had some filming and editing to get done today before coming to the party, so I came earlier. I saw them emerge from the trail between the trees and walked over, holding my arms open for a hug from Matt.

"I missed you," We continued walking backwards as his arms went around me and I looked up, pouting my lips for a kiss.

"You're such a goof. I saw you three hours ago," He granted my wish and placed a quick kiss onto my lips.

"That's actually fucking foul," Nick joked and we all laughed at his hatred for cute couple moments like this, "Where's Ciara? I brought her a gift," He opened his bag and brought out an adorable canvas photo of the five of us.

"Nick, that's the sweetest thing ever," I gushed at the present, "She's inside."

"It was my idea," Chris took credit for the gift and shrugged his shoulders, "I just didn't know how to get it printed." I brought the guys inside and introduced them to my friends as we passed by.

"Ciara!" I tapped her shoulder and shouted her name, causing her to spin around and smile widely at the new arrivals.

"Congrats on one mil!" Nick gave her a hug and handed her the photo of all of us, "We got you something!"

"Thank you so much! I'm gonna go put it in my room!" She grabbed the photo and disappeared through the sea of people and went up the staircase to where her room was.

"You guys want anything?" I asked them, "There's water, pop, juice—"

"Pepsi!?" Chris asked excitedly and I nodded my head.

"I'll have a water." Nick added.

"Same," Matt gave my waist a small squeeze and I walked away from them to go get their drinks from the fridge. There was a group of people in the kitchen hanging out and talking amongst themselves while they drank, so I scooted through them and opened the fridge.

"If it isn't Y/n L/n," A deep voice said from behind me. I stood up, drinks in hand, and was met with a cold stare from none other than my ex-boyfriend, Ethan.