really, really love you

I wasn't sure what made me pack a bag and drive to the triplets house, but now here I am, in their driveway with an empty chest and tear filled eyes. I was having a bad day, the type of bad day where I couldn't even tell you what was wrong if you asked. I was stressed and depressed and nothing short of a mess. I had so much on my mind and nothing to help clear it.

"Y/n, hey," Matt's groggy voice answered the phone and I sniffled some tears away, "What time is it?"

"Three o'clock in the morning," I answered, "Sorry for calling you, but I'm in your driveway and I'm having a really, really shitty day. Can you let me in?"

"Yeah, be down in a sec." I hung up the phone and watched their front door until it cracked open to reveal and tired Matthew. He waved towards me, telling me to come inside. I threw my backpack over my shoulder and exited the car, being pulled into a hug as soon as I got close enough, "You okay?"

"No." I admitted, "I don't even know what's wrong. The tears started an hour ago and they won't stop." I wiped another annoying tear off my cheek and shrugged. His hand rubbed my back as my head rested against his shoulder.

"Let's go for a drive," He rocked us back and forth, "It'll clear your head."

"Okay," I dropped my backpack inside and after he grabbed the keys, he closed the locked the door behind us. I got into the front seat and buckled up, him doing the same, "I'm sorry for waking you up." I apologized again.

"You don't have to apologize, I've been there. I have bad days too, I completely get it," He explained as he backed out of the driveway, "I'm your person so you came to me. I'm glad you did."

"Am I your person?" I brought my knees to my chest and rested my cheek against them while turning my head to admire him. The tears had stopped, but the overwhelmed feeling was still heavy, "Like, the way you're my person?"

"Yes, you're my person," He lifted his hand up and opened it, "Hold it or it's going back down." I chuckled and brought my hand to his, locking our fingers together. Whenever Matt and I held hands, we never sat with them locked, we fiddled with each others and did a back and forth type of motion. It was relaxing. From an outsiders perspective, you'd think we were together, but we weren't.

"Do you ever get scared of losing people?" I asked, the question popping into my head. I wasn't sure what I wanted him to say, but the words left my mouth before I could think.

"All the time," He answered while taking a left. I knew he was taking our usual route, "My brothers and you. I don't know what I'd do without any of you guys. Is that what this is about?" I didn't answer right away, his question making me even more emotional, because that is what this is about, sort of.

"I don't know," My voice cracked and he turned to me, my eyes pouring tears once again, "I don't know, Matt. Do you ever, like, need to tell someone something so fucking badly that it's eating you up inside?" He pulled the car over, unbuckled his seatbelt, and leaned over to hug me.

"Let it out then," His voice was soft-spoken, welcoming and judgement free, "Whatever it is, you can tell me."

"I don't want to lose you," My tears soaked into the material of his sweatshirt as I gripped him tighter, "I can't lose you."

"Hey, you're not gonna lose me," He pulled away and brushed some hair out of my face that was sticking, "Look at me." I pried my eyes from the road and looked into his, "Whatever it is. You are not going to lose me." I took a deep breath and tried getting myself to relax. I had to tell him, I couldn't keep bottling these emotions any longer.

"I love you," I said, "That's what it is, Matt. I love you." He didn't respond right away, which made my stomach do somersaults, "A-and I wasn't sure at first and I was—I was scared you wouldn't feel the same," I began rambling, "And if you don't that's—that's fine, just tell—"

"Y/n, breathe," He reminded, his thumb now tracing my skin, "Breathe." I closed my eyes to take a deep breath, doing my best to rid the tears. I expected him to pull away, to tell me he loved me only as a friend and nothing more, but he didn't. His forehead rested against mine and in one swift motion, our noses bumped lightly and our lips grazed over each others.

"I love you, too," His words were whispered against my lips so softly and so quietly it took me a second to process them. When I did, I was a smiling mess as the gap between us closed. As we separated, he kept a hand on my cheek, his eyes looking at each of my features individually, "Like, really, really love you."

"I really, really love you, too." It felt so nice finally getting that off my chest, and that the feelings were mutual, "Why have you never told me?" I asked as he put the car in drive and pulled back onto the road.

"If you didn't feel the same, I didn't want to lose you as a friend," He explained, "I'd rather suppress my feelings than lose you completely."

"You'll never lose me, Matt," I promised. I knew our drive was coming to an end when I saw his house in the distance.

"Yeah, well, as my girlfriend you're kinda stuck with me," He chuckled to himself and I raised a brow at him, "What?" He asked, pulling into his driveway and putting the vehicle in park.

"Do it right." I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out of the car. His footsteps hurriedly caught up to me and I snagged the house keys from him, unlocking the front door so we could enter.

"Do what right?" He followed me into the house.

"Ask me," I turned towards him, "Say, 'Y/n L/n, will you be my girlfriend?'" He picked my backpack up off the ground and swung it over his shoulder.

"Y/n L/n, will you be my girlfriend?" I blushed at the question and acted as though I hadn't just told him to ask me the correct way.

"I thought you'd never ask!" I gasped and he laughed at my reaction, "I'd be happy to."

"You're ridiculous," He continued to laugh to himself and shake his head as he walked towards his room, my backpack still on his shoulder, "You comin'?"

"To?" I asked, still standing in the same spot.

"Sleep, idiot," He turned around and walked backwards a few steps, the cutest smile on his lips as he did, "Your soft blanket is still in my room."

That night I got the most peaceful, relaxing sleep in my entire life. I guess all I needed was my favorite blanket and my favorite person, who I really, really love.

———
Another half typed draft finished :)

I'm gonna be going through and finishing my half thought out ideas today

Also! Do you guys want me to put who the imagine is for in the title of it? So for example, this one would be called 'really, really love you-matt' instead of just 'really, really love you'?