lover

Much needed Chris fluff after time off!
———

"It's not cheesy! I think it's cute!" I sat up in Chris' bed and faced him, giving him my best 'I'm being serious' look I possibly could.

"Just 'cause Taylor Swift wrote about it doesn't mean it's cute." He shrugged my request off with a light chuckle, "Plus, it's a total waste of electricity."

I gasped dramatically, hand on my chest, "It is not a waste of electricity!" All I wanted to do was take a cute video of us dancing in the refrigerator light, but, of course, Chris' lack of romance hindered it.

It didn't actually upset me that he wasn't one to do small cheesy things, but sometimes, when I was feeling rather needy, it did make me a bit emotional. Instead of continuing the childlike argument, I laid back down and continued watching the movie.

A few minutes later, my phone began to ring and Chris grabbed it off the nightstand, handing it to me.

"Hello?" I knew from the caller ID that it was my best friend who still works at the same restaurant I used to a few years ago. I quit because I switched to social media full time, but she enjoyed it too much to say goodbye.

"Hey, we're swamped and Trish wanted me to see if you'd come in until close." I could hear how busy it was through the phone, "She said she'd pay double if you came in."

"I'd never pass up the chance to work with you again. Be there soon." Chris furrowed his brows as if to question what the call was about, "Trish needs me to help close tonight." I began getting off his bed.

"You still work there?" He rolled onto his stomach, his eyes following me around the room as I dug through my things to find my old apron and server book.

"No, but they're swamped and need extra hands. Double pay." I wiggled my brows and walked back over to him, giving him a quick kiss before saying goodbye and leaving the house.

The shift was busy and, thankfully, it felt like I was only there for an hour instead of four. It was around midnight when my friend and I ended up leaving and I started the short drive back home.

The lights in the house were off when I pulled in the driveway and I assumed they were all sleeping, especially since the group chat was silent and Chris hasn't texted at all. I silently entered the house, hung my keys on their respective hook, and slipped my shoes off. When I walked up the stairs I stopped dead in my tracks when Chris was standing in front of the open fridge door, the light outlining his silhouette.

"What are you doing? You're wasting electricity." I repeated his words from hours earlier, "Close it."

"Not til you dance with me." He crossed his arms over his chest like an upset child, "Oh, wait, here—" As if he forgot, he tapped his phone screen and music began to play.

We could leave the Christmas lights up til January
This is our place, we make the rules

Surprise and shock filled my body as I walked towards him, his hand already reaching for mine and as soon as they connected, he lifted my arm above my head and spun me around.

And there's a dazzling haze, a mysterious way about you, dear
Have I known you twenty seconds or twenty years?

I let out a small, high pitched type laugh when Chris leaned me over. His hand supporting my weight on the middle of my back.

"It's not a waste of electricity if it makes you happy." He said quietly, his eyes so full of adoration as he looked down at me.

Can I go where you go?
Can we always be this close?
Forever and ever
Take me out and take me home

"I love you." The only three words I've ever been so sure of in my entire life was those. The undoubted love I had for Chris both terrified and excited me. The comfort and trust within our relationship was one that could only ever be written so perfectly by Taylor Swift herself.

"I love you, too."

You're my, my, my, my....

Lover

———

Thank you all for allowing me to take a hiatus for a bit. It means the world getting on here and seeing your guys' comments <3

I hope you enjoyed this Chris fluff I wrote today!