stalker

just a random idea i started typing :)
———

"Maybe we could have a mother-daughter day this Saturday if you don't work?" I held my phone between my shoulder and ear as I spoke to my mother while simultaneously trying to pack my duffel bag.

"I'm free after one! I miss you, sweetie," I could hear the sadness in my mothers voice, "But I'm so proud of everything you're accomplishing." Her words made a smile form on my lips as I zipped my bag. I switched to holding the phone to my ear with my hand and stood next to my bed, staring out the window.

"I miss you, too," I assured, "I'm gonna be heading to Matt's, though, so I'll call you tomorrow?" My mom and I tried calling at least every other day since I moved out on my own. We were within two hours of each other, but with work and how crazy my life has been getting, it seems impossible to find the time. As I stared out the window, my eyes locked onto what looked like someone standing on the sidewalk in front of my house.

"Tell the boys I miss them and expect them to come with on your next visit!" She said sternly into the phone. She loved the triplets as if they were her own, her and MaryLou were the ultimate mom bestie goals. I just couldn't look away from the silhouette, the person was just standing there under the street lamp, "Can you still hear me?"

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I can hear you," I forced myself to look away, "I'll make sure they come with next time, promise," I quickly walked to my window and pulled the blinds shut, goosebumps creeping up my arms, "I love you."

"I love you, too!" The call ended and I slipped my phone into my back pocket. Now armed with my duffel bag over my shoulder, I shut my bedroom light off and slipped my shoes on. My phone rang again, but this time it was Matt calling.

"Hey," I let out a huff as I struggled a bit to lock my front door, hold my phone, and catch my bag from slipping, "I'm leaving my house now."

"I thought you left, like, ten minutes ago," He chuckled and I rolled my eyes as I spun on my heels and turned to walk towards my car. I let out a gasp seeing the stranger now standing at the edge of my driveway, "Y/n?"

"Sorry to startle you!" The guy waved awkwardly and I stayed silent, frozen in place, "Do you live here!?" If I'm being honest, people in general scared me, so I hated this interaction from the moment I saw him.

"Lie." Matt said quickly into the phone, having heard the unfamiliar voice, "Guys, be quiet for a second." I heard the chatter stop.

"No!" I lied. When he didn't respond, I took cautious steps towards my car and opened the door, throwing my bag in while still facing his direction.

"Did he leave?" Matt asked, "Say something."

"No," I whispered. In one swift motion I sat in the car, shut the door, and locked them, "Matt, he's literally just standing at the end of my driveway under the street light." The whole situation was creeping me out, causing me to think of the worst possible outcome. I started the car and kept my eyes locked on my mirror, he was still standing there, "He's still fucking there."

"Just don't panic, okay? Don't look at him when you back out," I nodded my head and took a deep breath, "We'll meet you outside when you get here."

"Wait—" I began backing out of my driveway and when my phone connected to the car, I threw it onto my lap, "Stay on the phone with me."

"Hi, Y/n!" I heard Nick exclaim into the phone, "We're going to get McDonalds when you get here."

"Y/n! Y/n! Y/n!" Chris repeated my name and I kept my eyes on the road as I laughed.

"Yes, Chris?" I asked.