promise

Once again fighting writers block. I know a lot of you guys want Chris fluff and I promise it's coming soon! This was in my drafts!

Also, if you guys ever like an idea I've written but want it for the opposite person, let me know! I'd love to give you guys what you want and also challenge myself to write the same idea differently! (I hope that makes sense)
———

"This would've been a lot easier with instructions." I said to Matt, hinting at the fact that it was his fault we no longer had the step-by-step instructions that came with my new vanity. He insisted that since I'm here so much, I might as well have a place to do my makeup.

"I told you I can figure it out." He held up two little bags of screws and looked at them both, "Babe, do me a favor?"

"Hm?" I mumbled, only half listening because I was trying to make sense of which piece went where. It was an impossible puzzle that was bound to take hours to finish.

"Grab a philips screwdriver from the junk drawer?" He leaned his head down to gain my attention since I was extremely fixated on what I was doing. A small laugh exhaled out of his nose when I granted him eye contact.

"Oh, yeah. The crossy shaped one?" I asked while dropping the pieces and pushing myself off the floor.

"Yes, the crossy shaped one." He repeated back to me, amused at the fact I made different names for object other than what they actually are.

I exited his room and saw Chris and Nick entertained by their phones on the couch, probably not even hearing me exit their brothers room. Since I couldn't remember which drawer was full of random items, I went about opening all of them.

"Uh, whatcha doing?" Chris asked suspiciously and walked over, closing the door before I could look through it.

"Shit, wait! Y/n!" Matt rushed out from his room and helped Chris stand in front of the drawer, "I can grab it." They both gave me an awkward little smile and I stepped away.

"Okay...?" I gave them an odd stare before returning to my boyfriends room and continuing what I was previously doing. As weird as it was that they didn't want me rummaging around, I decided to ignore it since I was getting tired and this vanity is barely half built, "What was that about?"

"Nothing," Matt replied while closing the door, "Got the screwdriver." He grabbed two pieces that seemed to go together and screwed them into place, acting a bit more nervous than before.

"Sure seems like nothing." I joked. I'm not admitting I'm nosy, but I did want to know what was in the drawer. Then, a brilliant idea popped into my head, "Thirsty?"

"Can you grab me a water?" After telling him I would, I made my way back to the kitchen where Chris had returned to his spot on the couch. Only this time he was watching me like a hawk.

With the fridge open in front of me, my hand snuck to the left and pulled the drawer open, "Matt! She's snooping!" Hearing Chris' voice get closer, I hurriedly scanned the drawer and saw a strange little black jewelry bag.

"You guys act like you didn't know she was gonna snoop again." Nick pointed out the obvious and I quickly agreed.

"Is this what I wasn't supposed to see?" I asked and held the bag up in front of Matt, "What is it?" I went to open it, but he grabbed it from me and shoved it into his back pocket, "Matt, c'mon. I wanna know."

He gave his brothers a 'help me out here' type of look, "We played our part. You're the one with a nosy girlfriend." Nick joked.

"I tried, bro." Chris held his hands up, signaling he was clean and they both went back to doing their own thing.

"What is it?" I asked again, a small smile tugging at the corners of my lips as he looked down and sighed. I couldn't tell exactly what emotion he was feeling. It wasn't anger, but he was clearly nervous about something.

"Come on." Matt slid his hand into mine as we walked back to his room, both of us sitting on his bed, "I wasn't supposed to give you this until next month."

"Why next month?" I asked, then quickly realized, "So it's an anniversary present?" He replied with a low hum, meaning I was correct.

"Don't, like, freak out when I show you. It's not what you think it is." He then grabbed the small black bag from his back pocket, opened it, and slid a silver ring into the palm of his opposite hand. It was gorgeous; small stones on the band with a slightly bigger one in the middle, "I wanted to get you something special and Madi helped me pick it out for you."

"It's perfect." I held my right hand up so he could slide it on my finger, but he reached for my left and I chuckled, "Why does it matter what hand?"

"Promise rings go on the ring finger, because they get replaced with engagement rings." He looked up at me with a closed mouth, proud smile, his cheeks flushing a light shade of pink, "I love you."

"Promise?" My eyes looked up at him and he squeezed my hand a bit tighter, placing a soft kiss onto my lips.

"Promise."

———

So cheesy I love it

This isn't perfect and I wrote it awhile ago, but I feel horrible about not posting as much as I used to. I'm trying my best <3

I hope everyone is doing amazing!