happy anniversary

The blanket got tugged and I felt the cool breeze of the fan brush across my legs, causing me to shiver and reach for wherever the blanket ended up.

"Matt," I groaned, doing my best to pull it it from under him, "Blanket." He mumbled a groggy response and threw my half of the blanket back over me and in the same motion, pulled my back into his chest.

"Goodmorning," His morning voice whispered. I was never sure how he did it, but in the two seconds it took for me to reply, he had fallen back asleep.

"Matt?" I asked. Silence. Since I was locked under his arm, I did the best I could not to move as I grabbed my phone off the night stand. Today was one of my favorite days of the year, September 26th, our second anniversary.

"Is Matt awake!?" Chris yelled from the living room, "Maaatt!!" The door began to open and I peaked my head up, "Matt!"

"What?" Matt buried his head into my back and I let them be, knowing Chris wasn't going to stop until his brother was up and moving.

"Can you drive me to the warehouse?" Chris asked.

"Whatcha got going on there?" I asked out of curiosity while turning to look at him. He stood over Matt, poking his head continuously.

"A bunch of Fresh Love merch got sent there and I wanna go see it." Chris explained, "Don't forget I need you need next week to model some stuff."

"I didn't forget." I assured, "Matt." I began helping by nudging my shoulder a little.

"I'm awake." Matt said and rolled onto his back, "I'll be ready in fifteen."

"Good." Chris left the room and Matt got out of bed, rubbing his eyes the whole way to his bathroom. He returned after brushing his teeth and began picking clothes out for the day.

"Are you staying here or coming with me? It shouldn't take long. If you come, we can stop and grab you coffee." Matt slid a hoodie over his shirt and I shrugged.

"Do I have to get dressed?" I asked. His answer would determine if I went with them, my sweatpants being too comfy to change out of at the moment. When he answered with 'no', I nodded my head, "I'll go."

"Here." Matt tossed me a hoodie of his and I slid it on. The drive there was pretty quite since it was early in the morning, Matt focused on driving, me sipping my coffee, and Chris on his phone in the back.

"You guys staying or going back home?" Chris asked as he opened the door.

"Oh, todays our—"

"We can stay." Matt accidentally cut me off and I furrowed my brows at him, "We don't have anything going on today, do we?"

"Nope." I popped the 'p' and added some slightly intentional sass to my tone. Matt gave me a strange look as he held the door open for me to the building.

"Dude, this looks amazing!" Chris said in awe. He began digging through the boxes, opening whatever we got to keep and tossing my stuff my way, "None of these came in a small so I hope a medium works."

"That's fine." I replied with a small closed mouth smile and plopped backwards onto the couch. How could Matt forget our anniversary? Does he even know what day it is? I tried giving him the benefit of the doubt since I haven't seen him on his phone yet today, meaning he might not even know it's the 26th.

"Babe!" Matt's voice echoed off the walls, "Come try to pogo stick."

"You first." I argued. He then continued to pogo stick around and even challenge Chris that he could go up and down the stairs. I recorded while Chris held his arms out in case he fell, but, to our surprise, he went up four stairs and back down flawlessly.

Soon we were all laughing and joking, the thought of Matt possibly forgetting our anniversary now out of my mind. We helped Chris go through the merch and make sure it was all perfect. After a few hours, we were all ready to go home and officially start the day.

"Where were you guys?" Nick asked from the couch, "I woke up and everyone was gone."

"Warehouse." Chris answered while flopping onto the couch next to him. Nick whispered something to him, then look at Matt, raising a brow.

"Can you go grab my phone charger and bring it out here? It's plugged in on my side." Matt said while joining his brothers on the couch.

"Yeah." It confused me why his phone was about to die, but maybe he forgot to plug it in last night. Maybe he's just the most forgetful person on the planet lately.

I walked through the kitchen and to Matt's room where I twisted the door handle and pushed it open. On the bed was a box with my name on it. It was a simple brown box folded shut. I sat on the bed and opened it. On top was a hand written note and underneath was some type of clothing.

Dear Y/n,
This is the cheesiest thing I've ever done, but I remember you saying how much you love hand written notes. I hope by now you realize that I'd never forget our anniversary and Chris needing to go to the warehouse was a way to get you out of the house for a bit.

Thank you for not only being my girlfriend, but being the person I can go to on my bad days. Thank you for not judging me, for helping me grow, for letting me make mistakes because you know no one is perfect. Thank you for being you and thank you for loving me unconditionally.

Today is about us, so in this box is five date ideas written down. Change into whatever outfit you'd like, come back to the living room, and hand me whatever card you choose.

I'm waiting.

Love,
Matt.

With a smile on my face and blush on my cheeks, I dug through and found the cards.

Movie day/night (I'll order us food)

Arcade

Fancy dinner (wherever you want)

Bowling

Your choice (I may have ran out of ideas. Hope you still love me<3)

Along with the note was outfit ideas for each occasion. Pajamas for movie night, cargo pants and simple t-shirt for arcade or bowling, and lastly, my favorite dress I haven't gotten to wear yet.

To me it was a no brainer, so I slid into the pajamas pants and grabbed the movie day/night card. When I went back into the living room, Chris and Nick were gone, leaving Matt on the couch by himself. I walked up to him silently, handing him the card like a giddy little kid.

"I knew you'd pick that one." He looked up at me with a smile, "C'mere." He motioned for me to sit by him and wrapped his arms around me, spinning me so I was resting on his legs, "I love you."

"I love you, too." I replied, "I vote we watch the High School Musical movies."

"Whatever you want." I got up and we walked back to his room, moving the box of stuff onto the floor so it was out of the way, "Pizza sound good?"

"It sounds perfect." While he ordered the food, I cozied up next to him and laid my head on his chest, "You're the best thing that's ever happened to me. Thank you for this."

"Thank you for not ripping my head off earlier." He joked, referring to when I was giving him attitude at the warehouse, "I wanted to surprise you."

"You did." I assured. 

"Happy Anniversary." He scooted down to get more comfortable and squished my face gently with his hand, then placed a kiss onto my lips.

———

This is so rushed, I'm sorry. I hope you guys still like it <3

I haven't published anything in over a week and I feel horrible about it :( I'm sorry guys

Also, if you haven't had the chance to check out the intro for my book, you should! It's a Sturniolo triplets/Sam and Colby cross over :)
I'll be posting the first chapter as soon as it's finished!