Chapter 9: I Can't Live Without You

Author's pov

The next day, Diana pretend that she was alright despite the sorrowful feeling she felt in that memory of her and Claude.

It was heartbreaking for her as how Claude devastatingly begged her to choose him and abandon Athanasia, her unborn child.

Something she couldn't do.

Diana already love her both past life and current one, she loved her as she was hers, her daughter.

But seeing how Claude begged her and saying those things to her, she felt torn apart.

She even questions if she made the right choice on sacrificing her for Athanasia could live.

Not like she regrets it but she feels like she should've found a way to stay life and have Athanasia as not leading Claude to have black magic to erase his memories about her.

She felt it was her fault by knowing how bad they both suffered.

"Lady Diana?" Diana soon looked up at Lily and Nayeli who were worried for her.

'Oh shit...' she thought.

"Hey, Sis. Are you okay? Do you have headache? I have ibuprofen if you want?"-Nayeli

"No, I am alright. I'm...sorry for worrying you"'-Diana

"No, it's alright. The Princess is right now talking with Master of the Black Tower about your headarch and His Majesty's condition" Lily added about Claude's condition which made Diana's heart slightly arches.

'Oh yeah...Claude...Claude is still battling his curse and...his Sleeping Beauty Arc is getting close...that means Anastacius and Aeternitas will make their move to dethrone Claude and tried to steal Athy's mana since she's powerful like Claude... We're at still in progress on getting the curse out of him...' Diana thought and using the knowledge of the Manhwa.

Diana knew that Claude was getting more tired everyday due to his curse.

She could've ask Lucas to use the same method in the Manhwa by using the World Tree's branch.

But she didn't due to getting to knowing Athanasia and Lily personally.

She felt stupid.

"Milady, are you sure that you're alright?" Lily soon asked her with her soft and concerned tone which Diana looks at her with her rose colored eyes.

"Honestly, no...I am not. Memories of my previous life are slowly appearing and I...I feel not so good" Diana said which Lily and Nayeli looked at each other in worry and realizing that it might be about her time with Claude.

They knew that Claude was still in love with Diana and he kept loving her while not knowing about her reincarnation.

Diana had complicated feelings for Claude, she knew WMMAP Claude and LP Claude were different, one finally decided to care for their daughter and loved her while other... forgot everything about their love and kept neglected their daughter.

Like father like son.

The previous Emperor of the Obelian Empire wasn't even a good man to begin with, he was incompetent and arrogant man, pretty much of a tyrant due to Aeternitas who corrupted the entire line of the Imperial Family unlit Claude couped and became the new Emperor.

His father neglected Claude for his name lacking Immortality and he didn't went far to protect him from his stepmother, the Empress physically abusing him when she got mad.

Despite he had talented and greater mana, he was treated like spare than a Prince.

Yeah, stupid bastard.