Chapter 29: Letter from Siodonna

Author's pov

In the Alpheus Mansion

"Dammit, Anastacius! How the hell did this happened?! Who exposes our plan?!" Aeternitas shouted across the mind of Anastacius while Anastacius groans in annoyance while having his hand went through his hair. 

How this happened?

How did Claude managed to escape from his curse and how did he find out about the curse?

Anastacius and Aeternitas had it all planned out but everything straight to hell. 

"I don't know but whoever it was... that bastard had a good eye. It can't be that crimson haired Robane dog...He can't sense magic...either the Magician of the Black Tower would've known it was you...Who exactly knew our plans and our intentions?" Anastacius spoke as trying to figure out who was it. 

It couldn't be Athanasia, despite she's equally smart like Claude, she wouldn't figure it out this quick.

"We'll deal with the scum later...Let's think about another plan and how we can use your black magic daughter"-Aeternitas

"Hey, I said we can't involve her more than she is. We must create our own evidence and frame someone as the culprit...We could use Roger, but he doesn't have magic at all. It will be hard for us to find a fool that be use as culprit"-Anastacius

"It seems like it...I would suggest we should us the Grand Duchess of Nordia. She's a foreigner and no one knows if Nordia has magic or not, she might a good use for us" Aeternitas suggested which Anastacius was slightly surprised by his suggestion.

"Grand Duchess? Isn't it too rational? What happens if we cause a war between Obelia and Nordia? We will be putting the empire at risk, and we don't know what type of nation Nordia is?" Anastacius explained and giving good facts about the unknown nation of the north. 

"When in the hell did you suddenly care about this empire and it's people?  Specially making some dumb excuses over from foreigner? Hmm, oh, I see. That impression she made did left impact on you. Like father like son, I didn't think after you used Judith Count's daughter that you would start feeling something for beautiful foreigner. There's nothing wrong being interest in foreigners" Aeternitas soon said which Anastacius was shocked and confused by his claim. 

"What the actual hell are you talking about?"-Anastacius

"You like her"-Aeternitas

"Huh?!"-Anastacius

"To be honest, you never had your first crush to begin with along with your unknown fiancée who either existed or show up. Pitiful, Anastacius. Even now, you're starting attracts that woman" Aeternitas soon spoke which Anastacius scoffs at his words with a bitter smile on his face.

"I don't like that woman, she's not even my taste nor my ideal type. She's just a potential tool I could use if I want, and I was only saying that out because this empire belongs to me, not Claude. Me, as the rightful and legitimate heir to the throne. It belongs to me" Anastacius spoke and declaring his intentions of regaining the throne much to Aeternitas. 

He darkly chuckles at Anastacius's claim which making him more annoyed. 

"Foolish boy, even I know when someone is strongly rejecting that fact. Your brother might've not been the true heir to the throne but at least, he knew about when someone falls for someone else..." Aeternitas soon said as leaving Anastacius alone.

Anastacius was confused by Aeternitas's words and let's be honest, Anastacius never fell in love or experience his first love. 

After all, his parents didn't love each other.