Chapter 17: Relinked

Author's pov

Claude de Alger Obelia.

The cold-blooded Emperor of the Great Obelian Empire.

Known for his cold yet terrifying behavior despite he's wise and responsible ruler to his men.

No one dare go near him or against him due his powerful magical power and his short temper that gets many nobles to their funeral.

Now, he was the facing his hardest opponent who dares go against him no matter if he's the Emperor of the Great Obelian Empire.

His mother in law.

"Huh? What do you mean by no?"-Claude

"You heard me, arrogant brat. Diana is staying with Athanasia's palace than going to your goddamn palace"-Ingrid

"You insolent barbarian"-Claude

"Cocky man brat emperor"-Ingrid

'Yup, it's official. I'm going to deal her more difficult than the Emperor' Lucas thought as watching how Claude and Ingrid argue about where Diana is suppose to stay.

Yup, it was that talk since Diana was a single mother of her early thirties and of course, despite Claude was her lover in her past life, she was still a gorgeous bachelorette.

Also, Ingrid didn't like pigs going after her daughter.

No wonder why she and Claude are so similar.

"You...You crazy and crude woman. Diana is my woman"-Claude

"When in the hell was she yours? Let's see, Diana, are you dating in this current life of yours?" Ingrid said as looking at Diana who was surprised and she got little awkward as Claude nearly forgets that Diana was reincarnated in different world and she wasn't technically his to begin with.

"No... Technically, I am not"-Diana

"She isn't taken by anyone, cocky brat. So unless she has a ring on her finger, that will be over my undead body...So, she's staying with Athanasia" Ingrid outsmarts Claude whom he mentally cursed while she smirks.

I mean Ingrid is over thousands of years old and of course, she does have the intelligence and sharpness.

Claude looks at Diana before he let out a 'Tch' as he walks out of Athanasia's room.

"Bye, Papa" 'The first time Papa lost to someone...His own future mother in law' Athanasia thought.

"Anyways...Ahem, Good night, Princess, Lady Diana and Her Royal Highness" Felix gestured before he soon walked out of the room and close the door.

"Royal Highness? Not even my people calls me that, they just call me Grand Princess" Ingrid soon said which Lily soon went to Diana.

"Is that true? They don't address her as Her Royal Highness?"-Lily

"Well, the ranks of the werewolves are very different from the Royalty and Nobility titles. They don't call my Uncle Klaus as 'His Majesty', just 'My Alpha' or 'My King'. I guess it's because they lived as pack and tribe than royalty or nobility" Diana explained which Lily nodded as being surprised by the customs of the Werewolves.

Due of the Werewolves prefer living as pack and tribe like the native people do, a strong community. They strongly favors leadership over politics and they didn't call their Werewolf Alpha King as 'His Majesty', just 'King' or 'Alpha'.

Even they called Ingrid as 'Grand Princess' than address her 'Her Royal Highness' along with her younger siblings, Sigmund and Ylva.

'I guess the werewolves are very different from the humans...To be honest, at least they weren't ambitious and power hungry unlike the nobles' Athanasia thought as preferring Ijekiel's father, the Duke Roger Alpheus and other idiots who tried to get Claude's favor.