LVI.

Felix felt like he had just been punched in the gut

Felix felt like he had just been punched in the gut. His father's words echoed in his head, each one stinging more than the last. "Disappointed." "Black sheep." "Different." How could his father be so cruel?

He looked at Helios, searching desperately for any hint of understanding in his expression. But there was none. His father's face was set in stone, his eyes cold and unfeeling.

"Felix, I – I just don't understand," Helios began, his voice low and measured. "You're my son, and I love you no matter what. But this – this is just too much for me to handle. Why can't you just be like everyone else?"

Felix felt the rage boiling up inside of him. How could his father be so blind to the love he shared with Hyunjin? Did he really expect Felix to just give that up, to pretend like it didn't exist?

"I can't be like everyone else," Felix said through gritted teeth. "I'm not like everyone else. And I never will be."

Helios shook his head, a look of disgust crossing his features. "I just can't believe this is happening. You were always such a good boy, Felix. You never gave us any trouble. And now this. How could you do this to us?"

Felix felt the tears welling up in his eyes. He had hoped that his father would be understanding, that he would see the love he shared with Hyunjin for what it was – pure and true. But now, it seemed like there was no hope of that ever happening.

"I didn't do anything to you," Felix said softly. "I fell in love. That's all. And I can't help who I fell in love with."

Helios looked at him for a long moment, seeming to consider his words. Finally, he let out a long sigh.

"I don't know, Felix. I just don't know what to do with you."

Felix knew that this conversation was far from over. He knew that there were many more long and painful talks to come. But for now, he just needed to get away. He needed to be with Hyunjin, to feel his arms around him and know that there was someone in this world who loved him for who he was.

With a heavy heart, Felix turned and left his father's house. He knew that he would always love his family, but he also knew that he could never compromise on who he was, especially when it came to the person he loved.

Felix's heart constricted at his father's words. Marry a woman? The thought was absurd, repulsive even. How could his father expect him to enter into a loveless marriage just to conform to societal expectations?

_

"You can't be serious," Felix said, his voice filled with disbelief. "You want me to marry a woman? Why? For appearances? Is that what matters to you more than my happiness?"

Helios sighed heavily, his expression etched with frustration. "Felix, you have to understand. Society can be unforgiving. If people find out about your relationship with Hyunjin, it could tarnish the family name. We have a reputation to uphold, and I won't let that be destroyed because of your choices."

Fury ignited within Felix. How dare his father prioritize appearances over his own son's well-being? How could he expect Felix to live a lie, to deny his true self for the sake of some outdated notion of honor?

"You would rather condemn me to a life of misery just to save face?" Felix's voice trembled with rage. "I won't do it, Father. I won't sacrifice my happiness and love for a hollow facade."

Helios recoiled as if Felix's words had struck him physically. The tension in the air grew palpable as they stared at each other, locked in a battle of wills. Felix could see the sadness in his father's eyes, knowing the pain this decision would cause both of them.

"Felix, please try to understand," Helios pleaded. "This isn't easy for me either. I just want what's best for you. Can't you see that?"

Felix's frustration and anger gave way to a deep sorrow. He had always yearned for his father's acceptance and love, but it seemed they were now up against an insurmountable divide.

"I can't pretend to be someone I'm not," Felix whispered, his voice heavy with emotion. "And I can't bear the thought of living a passionless, loveless life just to fit society's mold. If you truly love me, you would want me to be happy. Isn't that what a father should want for his child?"

Helios's face crumpled, a mix of defeat and remorse washing over him. He reached out to touch Felix's arm, but Felix gently pulled away.

"I need some time to think," Felix said, his voice quivering with both determination and sadness. "I need to figure out what's best for me. But know this, Father, I won't abandon the person I love just to appease others. And I hope, one day, you can find it in your heart to accept that."

With those words, Felix turned away, tears streaming down his face. He walked out of his father's house, the weight of their conversation heavy on his shoulders. He knew that he had a difficult road ahead, but he was determined to hold onto his love for Hyunjin, even if it meant going against his own family's wishes.

....................................
after few days, i'm back
i needed a bit of space.
i'm somehow tired of everything

@t2evlq is my "new" instagram. i'll be posting here sometimes :)

tmi; i'm at the cinema watching the barbie movie and i hate life lol

tae