𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘀𝗶𝘅

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

Tìyawn and Lo'ak look at one another, standing awkwardly.

"I'm sorry, I should go" Tìyawn turns around to walk away, when Lo'ak stops her, as she feels his grasp on her wrist.

She sighs.

"Tìyawn, please.." he whispers.

She turns around to look at him, "what?"

"Please, stop avoiding me" Lo'ak replies, "I can't- no I won't, live like that."

She scoffs at him, "Lo'ak you broke up with me. How do you expect me to face you when I feel.. hurt. Embarrassed."

"I'm sorry, Tìyawn. Really, i'm sorry" Lo'ak looks at her with pleading eyes.

"What, sorry for breaking up with me, or sorry for breaking my heart?" Tìyawn asks.

"I'm sorry that I've broken your heart, Tìyawn. You have been my best friend, and the person I've had beside me my whole life. I never intended for it to become like this. For me to hurt you. But I broke our relationship for the right reasons. I did nothing but hurt you" Lo'ak says.

"And you could have changed that, Lo'ak" Tìyawn replies.

"I can't.. I don't know how. I don't know why, but I'm a complete fuck up. I always have been. But the one thing that I did not fuck up on, is our friendship. Because it is dear to me. And it means a lot to me" Lo'ak says.

She looks at him thoughtfully, her eyes beginning to soften.

"We may not be together in a relationship" Lo'ak says, now holding both her wrists to make her face him properly, "but I still love you, as my best friend. As my Tìyawn. My Tìyawn that I grew up with. I still love her. You" he then let out in a whisper.

The two of them look at one another.

Both their eyes glossy, and full of tears.

It was hard, for the two of them to hate one another.

"I love you too, Lo'ak" she whispers back, "I have never hated you. Deep down, inside my heart, you will always be the little boy I found, sat by himself covered in mud, crying because you got pushed down. And I held on to your hand and helped you up."

She chuckles, before he let out a chuckle after her, along with a sniffle.

"I remember that like it was yesterday" he says to her.

She gives him a soft smile, "I will never stop loving that little boy. Loving you. And you're right, I am avoiding you. But it's not because I hate you."

"Then.. why? Why can't we be the best friends that we were before?" Lo'ak asks.

"We can. But.. I need some time, Lo'ak. You don't know it, but you need some time too. To yourself. We can't just.. become normal once again. Not when this is still very raw. Our feelings are still very raw. But I promise you, I do not hate you" Tìyawn says.

"I don't hate you too" Lo'ak whispered.

She smiles warmly, cupping his cheek, "I know."