𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗲

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting the sky in hues of orange and pink, the world seemed to hold its breath in anticipation.

Months had flown by, since the last time anyone had heard, from Tìyawn. From Ao'nung.

"Still no sign?" Neytiri asks Ronal.

To which Ronal shook her head silently, dreading the day that her son had left her.

"It may be a good thing. Maybe there are no signs, if he is still living" Neytiri replies.

"It's has been months. Months!" Ronal shouts, "I had only just got him back, simply to lose him again."

"Mother, i-!" Tsireya walks in, before noticing Neytiri comforting her mother, the two of them sat on the marui floor.

"Mother" she spoke softly.

"Please, leave" Ronal whispers back, looking away.

With a nod, Tsireya leaves, without willing to fight it back.

All these months, that Ao'nung had been absent, his mother had not once, looked at Tsireya the way she would, when she had both children beside her.

Walking out, Tsireya sighs, before she found herself bumping into Lo'ak.

"Why the frown?" Lo'ak asks.

It was very clear as to what upset her, Lo'ak was clear that Ao'nungs' disappearance had broken his family entirely. But his solution, to keep Tsireya happy, was by teasing her, knowing that she loved it.

"Lo'ak" she smiles. taking a breath.

"I am guessing that your mother has still not recieved any sign of Ao'nungs' whereabouts?" he asks.

Tsireya shook her head no, placing herself beside him, before the two of them began to walk, "after her had left, mother chose to stay in agony. She still chooses to, and i'm not even sure why."

"He's her son. Son's are like.. jewels to their mothers" Lo'ak cringes after his sentence.

"But I am her daughter. I am here to, am I not?" Tsireya asks.

"Of course you are. And she loves you just as much, I'm sure. But she isn't afraid to lose you, because she knows that you have a strong mind, compared to your brother. You are capable enough to be smart in situations like this one."

"I do not know what was going through Ao'nungs' head, for him to leave, after everything he put her through the first time" Tsireya sighs.

"Being madly in love, it does make us do irrational things, without thinking. But he is not wrong to follow after Tiyawn" Lo'ak shrugs.

"And leave his entire family behind?" Tsireya asks.

"Your father had her kicked out late at night, and your brother has been taking care of her, in a manner of speaking. You couldn't possibly expect Ao'nung to just let her go."

"My father had a reason" Tsireya whispered, embarrassed to even side with him.

"Reason? A very stupid one if you ask me" Lo'ak replies, "She was not at fault for having been born under a man who we all dislike very much. But none of you have lived with her. With us, among the forest. You would not know what she truly is like."