𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗶𝗿𝘁𝘆

*ੈ✩‧₊˚

"I don't understand?" Rotxo looked at Ao'nung confused.

He had not yet gone to see his mother, but instead, he and Rotxo had made their way out.

With a lot to talk about.

"You left with Tìyawn, why have you returned alone?" Rotxo asks.

"She left" Ao'nung responds.

"What do you mean?" Rotxo asks.

"We stopped, as her Ikran needed a break. She said he could not fly for long. So I gave her directions to one of the islands, just hours away from here. We were both travelling without much sleep, so she suggested that we do. By the time I opened my eyes, she was gone" Ao'nung sighs, "it is just my fate, I'd say, at this point."

"Tìyawn would not be one to leave without an explanation" Rotxo scoffs.

"She left this letter" Ao'nung took out a folded piece of paper, which he had kept hidden within his waistband.

Rotxo took it from his hands, wanting to know why she left.

He scans through the letter, finding that she had apologised for leaving.

'... My reasonings will be clear, the moment we meet again. But I will say, you are not a child of war. Nor should you be. My father, he has ruined lives. Many. And the last thing I'd hope for, is that he takes away yours.

So this is my promise to you. To your people. To your family. I will be the one, that ends this war. I will be the one, to put him to rest. And I will bring your father his head. As I promised him.

If I fail to do so, and I never return, just know one thing, Ao'nung.

You are dear to me. I may not feel the love that you feel for me now, because of how long you have been aware of my existence, compared to how long I have been aware of yours.

But I do still love you. Very much."

"So.. she has decided to sacrifice herself? And you haven't gone to find her?" Rotxo threw the letter back at him, "why?"

"Rotxo" Ao'nung grabbed hold of the letter, before it could fly out his hand.

"You had been dying to have her. And now, you can't even fight for her? To bring her back?" Rotxo asks.

"You think I haven't?" Ao'nung asks, "eywa, if I didn't I'd have returned home sooner."

"So why is she not here?" Rotxo asks.

"I don't know" Ao'nung shouts out of frustration.

He sighs, placing the letter back into his waistband, "I came back, hoping that I could find some answers from my mother. But from what I have heard, she is not in the best state. I don't know, what it is, I can do."

"You should have come back sooner. I could have helped you" Rotxo pleaded.

"Right now, my mother needs me. And I need to let her know I'm okay. With her help, I can find Tìyawn again. I know, it looks like i have given up. But I give you my word, that I haven't" Ao'nung promises him.