One // Portal

Simply put, You were bored. Though it was better than being endlessly busy so you didn't mind. Breakfast was an easy fix, and you didn't have to work till very late that night so you were preparing for a nice day of relaxing on the couch in your small apartment. You smiled to yourself as you laid out your breakfast on the plate, placing the dishes you cooked your meal in inside the sink. You prepared yourself a caffeinated beverage to help you stay awake through the marathon. Turning you expected to see the commercials running through on your tv screen, and your couch on the carpeted floor before it.

Instead you saw four humanoid turtles, from the show you were expecting to see playing. You didn't scream, didn't run. Just nearly dropped your breakfast. Fear evident in your eyes.

You placed the wobbling dishes onto the counter. Staring at the four who looked ready to kick your ass.

"Holy crap. It's you." You whispered. This sent confusion rolling through their ranks. Yet finally they started asking questions. Weapons still drawn. You put your hands up to show you had no weapons. But that didn't stop the dangerous items from being pointed at you in hostility.

"Where are we?"

"Why are we here?"

"Did you do this?"

"What are you gonna do with us?"

You gulped at their plethora of questions. Having these weapons pointed at you, with a million questions of your own was not helping your case.

"Earth?" You cautiously answered the first question, gulping the saliva that made its way into your quivering mouth.

"I don't know?"

"No?"

"Nothing?"

You answered within seconds, and one of them put their weapons down. Why are there mutant turtles in your living room?

"They seem scared... Put your weapons down, guys."

The eldest turtle stared at the one in blue, confusion written all over his face. But put his weapons away. The four still seemed on edge over the whole situation, so keeping your hands up, you tried to help them.

"I don't think you guys know how much you're not supposed to be here."

They each gave you their own look of skepticism, before you pointed to the television behind them. They turned and you nearly collapsed, the eyes of the four leaving you felt better than not having to do gym class anymore.

"Oh." Was all one of them breathed before you were under interrogation again.

"Why do you have footage of us?"

"Have you been following us?"

"Are you a stalker?"

"Why didn't you share this on the internet?"

You paused, your arms quivering. You were hungry, you needed your caffeine, and most of all you needed answers. You were as confused as they were.

"Before I answer any of that, can I sit?"

With a few looks between each other they all nodded. With a thankful huff you flopped onto the floor, closing your eyes and pressing your palms to your eyes. Were you dreaming? Were you hallucinating? Did someone drug you in your sleep?