Four // Nothing Comes Free

The four in your car were clutching onto the small vehicle when you pulled into the mall's parking lot. You grazed the car next to you as you drifted into the parking spot. Genuinely surprised that you didn’t get pulled over or into an accident.

You turned the keys out of the ignition and grinned wildly as you jumped out of the car. You eyed the turtles as they woozily got out of the vehicle, faces still doused in fear. The first to recover was Mikey, eyes widening at the structure in front of you. The grin on his face spread from ear to ear, he couldn’t help himself from squealing and jumping up and down in place.

Donnie recovered and looked around in awe, he couldn’t believe his eyes either. Raph looked scared as he stared down the large building, no doubt realizing that the mall was, of course, filled with people. Leo looked like he was taking in all of the possibilities inside the place, all of the stores, and all of the new people he could meet.

You just grinned wider than any of them, your mind ran with all of the thoughts each of the brothers was having, the good and the bad, but you spread your arms.

“Friends,” You said, turning around, gazing at the three story and three block wide structure, curving in a U-shape at the corners. “Welcome to my universe's mall.”

You walked them up to the doors at the front, and they stared in awe around you. Three elevators stood before you, which would take you up to any floor you wanted to be on. You led them to one, going up to the third floor. Smiling as they looked like they had been invited to an all you can eat candy store while they stared out of the glass window that showed how high you were going.

“Let me know if there’s a store you wanna look at.”

You plastered a ' don't fuck with me' smile on your face as you exited the elevator following behind the brothers, walking into nearly every store you saw (but you all silently agreed to avoid Victoria's Secret, even crossing the floor to stay as far away from the store as possible). Mikey enjoyed quite a few of the local art businesses and Funko Pop! store, Donnie liked Game-stop and the apple stores, Raph ended up liking build-a-bear and a store that sold quite a bit of ‘soft-core’ items (which you nearly beat his brothers for laughing at him for, instead giving them a glare that seemed to hold murderous intent), Leo, of course, liked hot-topic and quite a few clothes stores.

You were, of course, conscious of the small budget you had, but really couldn’t help yourself, you ended up getting Raph a small, generic bear from build-a-bear (of course asking him for a name for the small bear because you ‘needed help naming it’), Donnie a video-game he found interesting (that worked with your console at home), Mikey a drawing pad and cheap markers (after asking him whether or not he preferred to draw on the tablet or on physical things), and Leo a jacket he really liked (which not to mention he looked really good in).

After the junkyard, you had just let the fantasies roam around in your mind, you found the more you tried to push them away, the more they resurfaced. But you didn’t let any of them come to life, when you had the urge to hold Leo’s hand, or compliment the outfit choices he made, you just reminded yourself he would have to leave again, and that he barely knew you, and that he probably wasn’t interested.

Leo had the same problem. Just when you smiled, or laughed, or cautiously looked for threats the five of you could face, or fidgeted with the bags you were holding, or insisted on carrying your items yourself. He had fallen fast, and he barely knew you.

That’s when you reached the bottom floor again, and towards the right side, the turtles were greeted with a bright yellow sign.