Twelve // Just Gotta Wait To Say it

Six months

“Look guys, I appreciate all the secrecy, but I’m not the one that needs to be kept secret.” You joke as you hear the four bicker, Tanya concentrating on helping you around bumps in the sidewalk and obstacles in your blindfolded path.

“It’s a secret for you Y/n!” Mikey shouts. “Does it help if I say we’re all in our hoodies and sweats?”

You nod a little, gulping as you feel Tanya’s hand hold yours a little tighter.

“I promise, we aren’t going far from your apartment.” She mumbles to you, deep in focus.

“Stop here.” Leo mutters to the group, you hear footsteps disperse and a familiar hand finds its way to yours. He presses a kiss against the back of your intertwined hands, and you can feel his smile as he pulls away.

“I hope this is good.” He mumbles to himself, and releases your hand as he tugs the blinder off of you. Smiling as he stretches his arms out. “Happy six month date-aversary?”

You look around, awestruck at the sight before you. The roof was lit with fairy lights, and small glowing bugs floated around, flickering over the space. You saw Raph with his arm around Tanya’s shoulders, smiling at you. Mikey smiling as bright as ever at you, and Donnie fiddling with his sleeves, a shy smile on his face.

You observe Mx. Hawkham waves to you in between Tanya and Mikey, and panic takes over.

“Leo,” You whisper up to him, forcing an easy smile onto your face. “Are they supposed to be here?”

“No, but when we were setting up, she came up to the roof, we said our introductions. You trust them, like a parent. I thought that would be okay.”

You pause, the smile not leaving your face. You nod a little, letting out a held breath through your nose.

“Yeah. Yeah I do.”

You extend your arms and walk up to Mx. Hawkham, wrapping them in a large embrace. “Thank you for showing up! I had no clue this was happening.”

Mx. Hawkham chuckles a little and nods, holding your arm as she walks you around the roof.

“You know, Leonardo has always been my favorite too.”

You sputter a little and they smile. Nodding.

“I may look like I’m in my late sixties honey, but I’m only in my early fifties, I was your age when the nineties show aired.”

You give them a smile, trying to hide the red in your face.

“I’m glad you’re the one to find them sweetheart. With compassion such as yours I would have hoped it was no one different.”

You feel yourself start to tear up, but swallow back the feeling that has overcome you. You manage a reply.

“Thank you Mx. Hawkham.”

“Please dearie, call me Gladius.”

You nod a little, smiling at them.

“Alright Mx.Gladius.”

She pats your arm and sends you off watching as you walk away. Something felt off with them, but you couldn’t tell what, instead you took to looking at the small flickering bugs in the air, and in jars on the ground.