Eleven // Cowabunga!

Four months, three weeks, five days

It was a less than ideal schedule to have each night taken up with hours of restocking bookshelves and closing down the bookstore you worked at. But it did leave time for more things with the boys from the morning to afternoons.

Today you had decided to take them to the pool in your apartment complex. Since it was a weekday, no one was anywhere in sight, and was long gone to school or to work. You smiled in your gear, clutching onto the floaty in your arm and spinning the keys in your hand.

You unlock the doors to your apartment's pool, opening the doors and smelling the putrid chlorine in the pool, practically feeling the water rolling over your skin.

This was gonna be fun.

You grin mischievously, kicking your sandals off in no particular direction, throwing your floatie to the side, and successfully ignoring the ‘No Running’ sign on the door, walls, and floor beneath your feet. You jump up at the edge of the pool, tucking your legs close to your chest.

“Cowabunga!”

You hear the fervent patter of feet in your ears before your senses are muffled by the water, hearing as splashes hit the beside you, you resurface with a gasp. Smiling a bit, flinging water everywhere.

You look as the others resurface. Smiles on their faces, but you pause.

“Hey, wait did we invite Tanya?”

Raph, Leo, and Mikey glare at Donnie who crosses his arms and rolls his eyes. About to go into an in depth explanation about why it wasn’t his job to invite her. You put your hands up, telling each of them it was alright.

“Nah nah nah, respect the board shorts guys. I’ll text her about it.” You smile at Donnie and hop out of the pool, a look of absolute awe on his face. Leo laughs a little as you hop out of the pool, floating over to the wall and just resting his head on his arms, waiting for you to get back in the pool.

You dry your hands off and type a bit into your phone, turning the ringer up and setting it down on a small table. Laying on the lounge chair at the side of the pool. The sounds of seemingly distant laughter filling your ears.

You look down a little and spot Leo, looking at you in reverence. You smile at him.

“What’s up Leo?”

He rests his head at an angle as he responds.

“Am I not allowed to stare at my gorgeous partner?”

You laugh a little, letting your head rest against the back of your chair. Closing your eyes. Truth be told you hadn’t slept well in forever. Sure you could sleep, Leo’s need for cuddles made that easy. But sleeping on the couch hasn't been fantastic for any part of your body. Much less your brain.

You nearly fell asleep before Leo got up and stood over you, the stark change in lighting and small drops of water landing on you make you open your eyes. Seeing Leo, sopping wet, standing over you with a halo of light over his features.

“Scoot over,” he demands, and you close your eyes, crossing your arms.

“No,” You say, attempting to hide your smile.”You're sopping wet.”