Fifteen // Mistakes Were Made

Nine months, three weeks, a day

You smile as Leo and you walk down a little strip of sidewalk in the park you'd found a little over a month ago. Watching as he kept your hand but walked atop a small brick wall, you watch as he releases your hand and tries his best to balance, occasionally flailing a little.

You grin as you pick up your camera from your side, taking a quick photo of his joyous features and then returning it to your hip.

"Say Tanya wanted to go back with Raph, who can't you leave here to come back with all of us?"

You pause and then give him your best convincing smirk.

"So you'd go back if Tanya was going?"

Leo looks at you from the wall and crosses his arms, giving you an all knowing smirk.

"Humor to cope? I'm the king of using humor to cope."

You roll your eyes and let your smirk fall, rolling your eyes.

"What's with you and pestering me about this?"

"What's with you avoiding the question?" He snaps back, and you look him dead in the eyes. Exasperation hiding beneath anger on your features as you glare at him.

"Are you gonna answer? Because I'm not gonna stop asking."

He hops down off the wall, walking beside you, sincerity covering annoyance. This forces a sigh out of you. This park seemed to be the place you both argued after happy photoshoots. You chuckled a little but steeled yourself to answer the question.

"I couldn't leave Gladius here."

"Then we take them with us too. I'm sure dad wouldn't mind somebody to talk too."

"What if they don't want to go?"

"Then I'm sure they'd want you to go with us."

You sigh, somehow angry at him, though he was asking something entirely reasonable.

"You don't know that Leo."

"You're one hundred percent sure that your mom wouldn't want you to go to a universe they could only dream of going to?"

You shake your head, anger boiling over, you don't know why this topic makes you so angry, it was like a reflex. A mechanism activated around mention of leaving.

"You said it yourself. You've dreamed of going." He holds his hand out before you, a kind smile on his face. "So why not make that dream reality?"

You look down at the hand extended to you, all for the taking, and you still hesitate. Why do you hesitate? Your anger seeps out of you as you contemplate Leo's offer. Could it really be that bad to go with him to a place you have envisioned going to so many times? What could really go wrong?

What are you so afraid of?

That's the big money question. What scares you? It's the unknown of reality, the facts you've not yet learned, the impossible amount of things you can barely comprehend. You'd just gotten used to your own reality, did you really want to go to a new one?